News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

adding a second obi with a different gv number

Started by jazzfish, April 16, 2015, 04:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazzfish

I have an obi100 which works fine in Jamaica.
I have an obi200 in the US which I wan't to use in the US.
When I add a device to my dashboard, it finds the new obi200 but the phone number that shows up in the calling phones caller id is the gv number for the obi100 device.

I want each obi to have it's own gv number.

Can anyone help me on this one?

Steve

LTN1

He didn't like the way you said it Steve. Now let me try.

Here's how to make it work:

1. Delete the Google Voice service provider configuration on both OBi's via the OBiTALK dashboard.

2. Then, set them up again from scratch, again, from the OBiTALK dashboard. 

3. Before setting up each OBi, log into the Google Voice account you want to use, in one web browser tab, and then log into your OBiTALK dashboard in another browser tab.  When you go through the procedure to add Google Voice, a window will pop up showing the GV account that is going to be used for that OBi.  Make sure it's the correct one, then continue. 

4. After you configure one OBi, logout of GV in the GV browser tab, and log into the other GV account.  Then, set up the other OBi.

Here are the full instructions:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

Footnote: I got the instructions from somewhere...I'm not sure where.

BigJim_McD

Quote from: LTN1 on April 16, 2015, 06:37:37 AM
3. Before setting up each OBi, log into the Google Voice account you want to use, in one web browser tab, and then log into your OBiTALK dashboard in another browser tab.  When you go through the procedure to add Google Voice, a window will pop up showing the GV account that is going to be used for that OBi.  Make sure it's the correct one, then continue.  

4. After you configure one OBi, logout of GV in the GV browser tab, and log into the other GV account.  Then, set up the other OBi.

Here are the full instructions:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

It's been my recent experience that we can be logged into several Google Accounts while using OBiTalk to provision or reprovision, change and/or update Google Voice Accounts on the OBi110, OBi200 & OBi202.

I received a Pop-Up menu to select the Google user that I want to Provision or Change to.
BigJimMcD

SteveInWA

Quote from: BigJim_McD on April 16, 2015, 01:02:07 PM
Quote from: LTN1 on April 16, 2015, 06:37:37 AM
3. Before setting up each OBi, log into the Google Voice account you want to use, in one web browser tab, and then log into your OBiTALK dashboard in another browser tab.  When you go through the procedure to add Google Voice, a window will pop up showing the GV account that is going to be used for that OBi.  Make sure it's the correct one, then continue.  

4. After you configure one OBi, logout of GV in the GV browser tab, and log into the other GV account.  Then, set up the other OBi.

Here are the full instructions:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

It's been my recent experience that we can be logged into several Google Accounts while using OBiTalk to provision or reprovision, change and/or update Google Voice Accounts on the OBi110, OBi200 & OBi202.

I received a Pop-Up menu to select the Google user that I want to Provision or Change to.

I specifically avoided mentioning that, because the OP apparently got mixed up whilst either being logged into the wrong account, or being logged into two accounts, and not recognizing how to handle it.  But, yes, Jim, you are certainly correct.  Recent updates to the procedure now display the Google account(s) you're signed into, and asks you to confirm which one to use.  Thanks for bringing that up.