News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Inbound CID not forwarding to Asterisk extension ?

Started by davefred99, October 10, 2012, 12:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davefred99

I have SP3 setup on my OBi202 as an extension to my asterisk box. From there asterisk forwards all call on this trunk/route to an extension.

My problem is I am using the OBi as a standalone also for home use. I have SP2 setup with my Anveo provider for inbound calls and Gv set up on SP1 for both inbound and outbound calls.

I set the X_InboundCallRoute on SP2 to this {ph1,SP3,600} 600 is the extension that rings on my Asterisk system. So if a call comes in on SP1 it rings both PH1 the phone analog plugged into the Obi & also to the SP3 connected to the Asterisk on Extension 600.

Everything works good like this but I get the Asterisk Extension or user Number as the CID on the Asterisk Extension Phone. I would like the CID of the incoming original caller tp pass thru instead. Is there a setting in the Obi to do this or am I stuck because of the X_InboundCallRoute   route I am using to get the call into my asterisk.

QBZappy

davefred99.
Quote from: davefred99 on October 10, 2012, 12:04:08 PM
I have SP3 setup on my OBi202 as an extension to my asterisk box. From there asterisk forwards all call on this trunk/route to an extension.

I set the X_InboundCallRoute on SP2 to this {ph1,SP3,600} 600 is the extension that rings on my Asterisk system.

I saw your previous thread re X_UseRefer. I guess that didn't work.

What is your idea behind including both SP3 and 600 in the same inbound call rule? {ph1,SP3,600} Isn't SP3=600?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

davefred99

Quote from: QBZappy on October 10, 2012, 12:21:59 PM
davefred99.
Quote from: davefred99 on October 10, 2012, 12:04:08 PM

I set the X_InboundCallRoute on SP2 to this {ph1,SP3,600} 600 is the extension that rings on my Asterisk system.

I saw your previous thread re X_UseRefer. I guess that didn't work.

What is your idea behind including both SP3 and 600 in the same inbound call rule? {ph1,SP3,600} Isn't SP3=600?

I did not yet try the X_Userefer yet as I am unclear what it does or is used for. I was trying to get some input before messing with settings I know nothing about. I suppose it is easy enough to try and reverse if it doesn't workout.

The reference to 600 in X_InboundCallRoute    is to have only that extension or in this case ring group in the asterisk box ring. I got this idea from another user on a different forum that talked about tying together OBi & Asterisk but still leaving my home phone out of the asterisk but for this forwarding route.

davefred99

OK,
i tried the X_ UserRefer enabled setting on both SP2 & SP3 and it made no difference at all. I still get the Asterisk Extension # as the CID.