News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No Service Available

Started by Thesarg, October 10, 2012, 04:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thesarg

My Obitalk202 has worked fine for a few months then without warning I stopped getting service. When I dial a number I get 3 tones then a voice stating "No Service Available" I've re-booted my Obi202 device and downloaded new firmware. Same problem. Any ideas what to do?

Annn

Same thing here. Neither google voice or call centric lines are working. I get a dialtone and a message stating no service available.

Why does no one answer these posts?

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: Annn on October 12, 2012, 12:50:46 PM
Because the problem descriptions are kind of like saying "my car won't start, what should I do?" And this is not official OBi support.

Suggestion: Check the obvious items first, password is correct, service is connected (Status > System Status), can you make an outgoing call via Google Chat in a browser, does the Obi have internet connectivity? Etc., etc.

jimates

Quote from: Annn on October 12, 2012, 12:50:46 PM
Same thing here. Neither google voice or call centric lines are working. I get a dialtone and a message stating no service available.

You can't use the default dashboard configuration for CC. Since the attack they have setting on their site for the Obi. Log in at CC and you can't miss it.

kevmeist

I had to change my gmail password yesterday. If you do that and do NOT change the Obitalk password also...that will give you the message that you received when trying to use the phone UNTIL you change the password in Obitalk. Look at the status panel on Obitalk (once logged on) and see if your phone line says "backing off".

Change the password to the same one that you use for Google and apply it. Follow the instructions to hit F5, wait the 2 minutes and see if it now says "connected".

I had to enter the "new" password 3 times to seem to get it to take hold. I could make phone calls in the interim and then not again when it cycled back to "backing off". After the 3rd time, it seems to have held overnight.

Good luck.