News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI changes my Google password when I click "submit"

Started by Arielle, October 12, 2012, 11:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arielle

so I can't set up my Google voice.  Keeps saying that it's "backing off."  No wonder; I correct the password each time, and OBI shortens it every time I click "submit."  I'm in a circular loop.  Help!

jimates

what you SEE in the field is always shortened. What you type in is what Obi submits to google (unless the  username/password is too long to type in the field.

LeoKing

Yep, make sure the Caps Lock is not ON when you type in the password.

lzipin

Same problem.  I fixed it by entering my new Google password via the OBiTalk page (http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev/devices, click on my OBi110, click on the gear to the right side of SP1) _first_, doing the save and reset cycles as directed.  Then, I accessed my OBi110 directly via its local IP address (what ***1 reports).  Find Voice Services | SP1 Service, scroll down to SIP Credentials, and enter the new password in AuthPassword.  Submit, then Reboot.

I suspect that the OBi system has a bug synchronizing the entered password between the OBiTalk page and the actual box.

-- Lee