News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Any way to get outgoing via GV on certian numbers?

Started by cruisx, October 13, 2012, 10:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cruisx

hey quick question, new to voip as of two days ago where my port to voip.ms completed and got all setup with the ovi110 adapter, so far so great. I was just wondering, i know people use GV to get free outgoing and voip.ms for the incoming portion.

1) is it possible to set up the obi so that you can dial a special character before a number or something so only then it dials with GV? Like say for example that during normal use voip.ms handles both in and out, but say i want to call a friend in the states so i dial **4 before the number (example) and then the box routes it through GV?

jimates

On your dashboard, set voip.ms as your default for outgoing calls. As a default, voip.ms will handle all outgoing calls. If you want to use GV to place a call you will prepend the number to designate the SP where you have google voice set up.

IE: if you have google voice on SP1 you will dial **1 number.
for SP2 dial **2
for SP3 dial **3 (obi202 & 302 only)
for SP4 dial **4 (obi202 & 302 only)
for the line dial **8 (obi110 only)
for Obitalk Service dial **9 (only to call other Obi endpoints)

Meili

Stupid question...but I had to change my google voice password and now my obi doesnt work. How do I get to the settings to update my password in Obihai. I have been looking for hours