News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 202

Started by Rick_Hall, October 15, 2012, 09:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick_Hall

I recently purchased the Obi 202 to take advantage of the QOS settings.  They work great!  Here are the issues:

1) I have Uverse at home.  The WAN port on the Obi device goes to the Uverse box & the "Lan" port goes to my switch.  I setup a a DMZ from Uverse to the Obi device and it worked great (the WAN is set to DHCP).  The WAN settings shows the internet IP address and not the local address of the Uverse box which is what I want.  However, after 12 hours, the WAN port dies.  It doesn't show the internet IP address anymore.  It's all blank.  The LAN side of the Obi device works just fine.  The WAN however is dead.  If I kill the DMZ and then re-establish it, it then works fine again, but then dies after 12 hours.  Any idea?

2) To get it to work, I set the WAN devices (still DHCP) to the local IP of the Uverse box.  That seems to work, however, I did have some internet slowdowns which I couldn't track down to any specific device.  Either way, the fact that the WAN dies in DMZ mode concerns me.  I don't mind using option 2, but without understanding why option 1 dies, I don't feel comfortable with this device.

Hope what I wrote makes sense.  Anyone have suggestions or ideas?

Thanks,
Rick

4-em

Without giving this a lot of thought, I'm thinking your DHCP lease is expiring and failing to renew?  If you can't figure it out, why not throw Wireshark on and see what it reveals?