News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 rings on for 6-10 rings after google voicemail kicks in.

Started by HappyJack, October 17, 2012, 07:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyJack

Have a interesting problem where the obi with google voice configured with CC  on SP1 for CNAM will continue to ring on for 6-10 rings after the google voicemail kicks in and answers the call. Any ideas what may be causing this and how to fix this?

Have callwithus.com configured on Sp2 as my primary line.  ???

jimates

with the CC problems since the 3rd of the month there is no limit to the problems that might occur. Check your call history at CC and see what it shows. Mine shows multiple calls at CC for one incoming call to google voice.

HappyJack

thanks for your reply jimates, just completed a test call to my google voice number and and it showed up
in CC history as 1 call, therefore a 1:1 ratio. Any other ideas what could be causing this?

Is there  settings in the obi that should be checked?

Thanks in advance... 8)

jimates

once the call is answered by google voice mail it should stop the forwarding call, and ringing should stop.
The only time ringing should continue after a call is answered is if the call is answered by a forwarding phone and call screening is enabled. In that situation, the call is not considered answered until a selection is made from the screening.

HappyJack

thanks for your reply, I'll have to dig further into this.

Now for another problem:
I'm trying to call forward to my google voice  number on no answer and busy through the obi_100 " call features" but does not seem to work I have google voice/cc on Spi for Cnam and callwithus on Sp2

My format was: Sp1(1xxx xxx xxxx) in the " callforwardonnoanswer" and "callforwardonbusy" fields  When the call is attempting to call forward I hear a click and then dead air.

jimates

you trying to forward the call using sp1. Is that the same service the call came in on? If you are using the free CC DID it does not allow outgoing calls.

Be more specific in your setup as to what service the call comes in on and what service you are trying to use to forward it.

HappyJack

The call came in on Sp2 which is setup with the provider callwithus.com. What I'm trying to do is forward
unanswered and busy calls to my google voicemail through either Sp1 or Sp2 via the obi call feature settings.
I have google voice setup on Sp1 going through the CC gateway to the obi inorder to get free CNAM.

I've tried going through Sp2 and Sp1 forwarding unanswered calls  to googlevoice with no success.  ???

Thanks for your reply.

jimates

for clarity, you don't have google voice set up on sp1. You have your google voice calls forwarded to CC which is set up on sp1.

There should be no problem forwarding the calls to your google voice number with either CC or callwithus.com, as long as they support outgoing calls. And also to forward using the same service the call comes in on, your service provider would have to support at least two simultaneous sessions.

Also, in order to forward busy calls at the Obi; your service providers will need to support at least two simultaneous sessions and you will need to disable call waiting for the phone port.

HappyJack

thanks for your reply. followed your instructions and disabled "call waiting" on phone port and also
enabled "mulitple outbound calls at the same time" in CC.

My format is as follows:   **1x xxx xxxx  not sure if this is correct.
Instead of sudden disconnects I'm getting a busy tone.
Any ideas?

HappyJack

for clarity, you don't have google voice set up on sp1. You have your google voice calls forwarded to CC which is set up on sp1[/glow].

That is correct, followed instructions on this forum to get CNAM through incoming google voice calls forwarded to CC.

jimates

Quote from: HappyJack on October 18, 2012, 07:01:19 PM
thanks for your reply. followed your instructions and disabled "call waiting" on phone port and also
enabled "mulitple outbound calls at the same time" in CC.

My format is as follows:   **1x xxx xxxx  not sure if this is correct.
Instead of sudden disconnects I'm getting a busy tone.
Any ideas?
your forwarding number should be in this format sp1(1xxxxxxxxxx)

what does the call history show. it should show the incoming call and then a separate forwarding call. And it will tell you what happened to the call (answered, fail, busy etc.).

to access the call history log into the device using the ip address returned by dialing ***1. The default UN & PW is admin and admin.

HappyJack

tried that format Sp1(1xx....) with no luck, then tried the **1xxxxx... and got a busy signal.

Don't see anything listed in call history referencing my calls failed and being forwarded.
Don't say any evidence that call forward when busy or unanswered is even enabled in history

I'm starting to wonder if I may have a defective unit...so many things not working the way it should
recently...with the ringing on of the obi when call was answered and now this.

Also having problems getting the phone attached to the obi to ring when forwarded to google chat.
It was working before then stopped all of a sudden and couldn't get it back working again.