News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Skip same area code dialing

Started by sylvesterk, October 17, 2012, 08:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylvesterk

I don't know whether anyone using google voice and Obihai 202 has this problem. Even calling the same area code, my call doesn't work if I don't dial 1 + the area code?  However,  those who call me from the same area code doesn't. Thanks

jimates

did you select the 7 digit dialing option on your dashboard when you set up google voice?

sylvesterk

Jimates,

I am sorry I don't quite understand what you said.  I only select a phone # with an area code near where I live.

Ostracus

When you set up Google Voice using the online dashboard, did you see something like:
Quote7-Digit Dialing for USA & CAN (Optional)      Enter Area Code e.g. "212"

jimates

the Obi requires 11 digit dialing. Your digit maps and call routes determine whether you have to input all of those digits. The Obi's default configuration allows you to input 10 digits and it will add the 1. 10 digit dialing should work by default.

If your area code is in your configuration then the Obi will automatically add it and a 1 to any 7 digit number you input. When you set up google voice on the Obi at your Obitalk dashboard there is an option to put your area code. If you do this, Obitalk will put your area code in your configuration for you to allow 7 digit dialing.