News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 2 numbers 1 GV account?

Started by VoIP_Larry, October 21, 2012, 03:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoIP_Larry

I've just bought an Obi202. Set up with my GV#. Easy and great. Love it so much!

Now, I'm about to port my mobile number to GV in the same Gmail account. So, I will have 2 numbers in 1 GV account. I have a 2 line phone plugged in to Obi202.

How should I go about making GV#1 to ring line #1 and GV#2 to ring line #2? Both GV# is in the same Gmail account. Is this possible? Thank you very much.

QBZappy

Quote from: VoIP_Larry on October 21, 2012, 03:46:24 PM
So, I will have 2 numbers in 1 GV account.

You can do that? (Correct me if I'm wrong)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

VoIP_Larry

According to this, I can if I pay porting fee and make my first GV# permanent.

I haven't port the 2nd number because I wanted Obi202 to be able to handle this before I pull the trigger.

QBZappy

It seems that this has been discussed before on the forum.

Can You Have Two Phone Numbers On One Google Voice Account?
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2775.0

Quote from: VoIP_Larry on October 21, 2012, 03:46:24 PM
How should I go about making GV#1 to ring line #1 and GV#2 to ring line #2? Both GV# is in the same Gmail account. Is this possible?

http://googlevoiceblog.blogspot.ca/2011/06/make-your-secondary-google-voice-number.html
"This means that calls made and text messages sent to your previous number will still reach you, however, your new primary Google Voice number will display on caller ID when you make calls or send text messages."

The above mentioned seems to say that both numbers behave as one account (new account). I don't think it is possible to separate the calls as you had hoped. Also the OBi has separate slots for each GV number. It is designed for the classic use of one number for one Gmail acct.

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

QBZappy is correct. You will have ONE LINE OF SERVICE from google voice with two numbers ringing into it.

Sort of like having 2 lines of service on an Obi100 or Obi110, there is still only one single line phone port for one active call.