News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Stream Audio File to Obi?

Started by Novice, October 28, 2012, 06:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novice

I just got my Obi and love it so far.

I have a wireless computer headset with limited range, but a DECT 6.0 headset for my phone line. I can rove all over the house while making calls thanks to my Obi device.

Is there a way to play a music file or audio lecture from my computer to the Obi device, so that I can use my nice DECT headset for this as well?

I don't want to play music for people on hold, nothing to do with phone lines - I just want to try to use my phone as a speaker for my computer.

any help would be appreciated.

Ostracus

Asterisk, MOH, and put yourself on hold?

Novice

I was hoping for a solution with my current hardware. So I take it no way currently to do this with my obi100?

QBZappy

Novice,

Actually there might be one way to accomplish this. I hesitated, thinking that the sound quality coming out on your headphones would probably not be as good as some other wired/wireless solutions. In fact I don't think the sound will be in stereo. Although you did mention that you wanted to listen to audio lectures as well.

The OBi has an interesting feature for doing Public Announcements (PA). This feature actually streams sound, in effect making the OBi an audio media streamer. Look it up in the User guide. You'll need a special cable to connect tel jack to audio device. I think you can pick one up on Amazon as well.

RJ11 Telephone Line Pass-Thru to 3.5mm Mini-Jack Conversation Recording/Line-out Adapter
http://dx.com/p/rj11-telephone-line-pass-thru-to-3-5mm-mini-jack-conversation-recording-line-out-adapter-18869

Cisco Headset Adapter | PC Headset Adapter for Cisco IP Phones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cKjcTH6v14
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.