News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Delay in bridging LINE call to Mobile

Started by Shashank, November 01, 2012, 01:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shashank

My Setup is LINE -> SP2(GV) -> ATT Mobile. My mobile rings after 6-7 sec after the caller initiates the call..But when i call directly from GV(through gmail), call will be connected in 1-2 sec. I have set ring delay to 0 as i don't need CID. Is there anything else that i can do to lower the delay?

jimates

is google forking the call to your cell phone or is the Obi.

Shashank

^^I'm not sure of what you asked...
But InboundCall of LINE is set as SP2(mymobilemumber)...
Where SP2 is configured with GV

jimates

Quote from: Shashank on November 01, 2012, 03:39:53 PM
^^I'm not sure of what you asked...
But InboundCall of LINE is set as SP2(mymobilemumber)...
Where SP2 is configured with GV
Ok. got it. Your call comes in on the LINE and the Obi forwards the call to your cell using sp2 (google voice).

Set your call delay or whatever you changed back to defaults. I don't think the Obi is creating a problem.

Check your call history on the Obi. I think you will see the call goes out from the Obi on sp2 at the same time it comes in. And you can check your google voice to see the time the call that google gets the call (but clock differences may come into play).

Delay in call delivery often comes into play with cell phones. The caller may hear 6 rings when the cell phone actually only rang 3 times.

Caller places call to number for LINE
Line service delivers the call to the Obi
Obi uses google voice to send the call to the cellular number
cellular provider delivers the call to the phone
A total of 3 service providers and 2 devices in play after the caller places the call.

Calling from gmail or direct from your google voice page is always super fast. But then you are only using one service in the whole process.