News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Initial setup of OBi110 fails.

Started by Lester, November 10, 2012, 07:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lester

I got it all hooked up to my router, telephone and power, and green lights showing as required. I got a dial tone, yet when I do a test call I get a message that my "call can not be completed."
Also, if I try to "Add Device" it will not connect when I dial the "Add an OBi Device" call number, I just get another message saying that my "call can not be completed."  Cuss words.
Any ideas as to what might be the matter?
I also have 2 computers connected with cat5 cables that are running just fine off of my trend net wifi "N"router., and my iPod connects OK with it also.

ProfTech

"Call cannot be completed" doesn't sound like a message from the Obi. Do you have your regular telephone line connected to the Obi? It sounds like that message could be coming from your regular phone company and not from the Obi. If you do have it connected, try disconnecting it. That won't solve your immediate problem but may give you a valuable piece of information about where the problem actually is.

Rick

Did you hookup the phone wires properly?  The 110 has two ports - phone and line.  Line is for the current POTS line that comes into the house, phone is for the phones in the house.  You can either hookup the OBi 110 to a live phone jack and plug a phone into it, which gives you an OBi phone and the rest of your phones stay on POTS OR intercept the POTS line where it feeds the rest of the house, plug it into the OBi's line port, then plug the house wiring into the OBi's phone port.  Second option would be most preferred as then every phone jack provides access to the OBi's lines or the POTS line.