News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi100 flashing orange/red all morning

Started by mbouchard, November 11, 2012, 12:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbouchard

A few days ago I setup my new OBi100 device. I have been successful setting it up with my Google Voice account and making several calls. I've even successfully updated the device from the OBiTalk page without any issues.

Now, about 24-48 hours later, my OBi device keeps flashing an orange/red color on the power indicator. It's been doing this for several hours now. I attempted a factory reset but the indicator keeps flashing orange/red.

Is my unit dead?

MikeHObi

start a trouble ticket.  That should be indicating the unit is upgrading.  That it isn't, indicates perhaps an issue during a firmware upgrade.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

mbouchard

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll send a ticket to support. If anything proves useful, I will post it here.

mbouchard

After being in touch with OBi support, it appears that my problem is being caused by a faulty power adapter. Who would have guessed?

They suggested trying another adapter such as the one for my router. When I plugged it in, the OBi device flashed a green light and I was able to hear a dial tone and access the voice menu.

I confirmed with a volt meter that the faulty power adapter was providing 3v-4v while the test adapter was providing the required 12v.