News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi 100 periodically became unreachable on local network

Started by dshen22, November 11, 2012, 11:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dshen22

I recently purchased and installed the OBi100. Initial setup through the OBiTalk web portal with Google Voice was ok and I could make/receive calls.

However, I found the unit's phone LED will turn off after awhile (2-3 hours after a fresh power cycle). When it was in the off state, I can't make call out and would hear the "no service available...." message. I could not get through the **9 222 222 222 echo service either.

I could still hear the IP address by dialing ***1. However, when I try to access the IP address it has (assigned via DHCP by the home router), I could NOT get through.

The only way to revive it is by powercycling the unit.

So basically, right after power cycle, the unit will function well. Then after 2-3 hours, it will become totally un-reachable on the local network and certainly can't make calls. (Power LED is still solid ON; Network LED is blinking)

Anything I did wrong? Do I have a defective unit? Help please. Thanks.

dshen22

Add to my own post:

One time, it lasted for ~3 hour before it went dead.
another time, it lasted just about 30 min before it went dead.

Very frustrated. Any help is appreciated. Otherwise, I may have to return it since I really don't know where else to look.

QBZappy

dshen22,

You may have a defective power adapter. Try using another one. Some router adapters are compatible.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

dshen22

Thanks. I will give it a try tonight after work.

However, just to make it clear: with the OBi provided AC adapter, the power LED on the OBi100 is always solid green even when the unit is UN-reachable on the local network and the network activity LED will blink. So the unit is getting power at least. The problem I have is after a few hours since reboot, I can't access the local configuration page. This is true regardless if I have voice service setup. So it seems to have nothing to do with Google Voice. It simply drops off the local network.

Before I left home this morning, I did a factory reset (push the reset on the back while plugging in the power cord). I did not set anything on the box or on the OBiTalk portal. So naturally there is NO voice service. I could access it through the IP address it reported (***1) and see the configuration page. I will check it again tonight when I go back home to see if I can still access it on the local network.