News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot open Obi202 device manager web page

Started by everythingisinuse, November 16, 2012, 06:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everythingisinuse

Ok, I got Google voice set up so easy on SP1. I got Obitalk set up Axvoice as SP2, but I have not been able to access the Obi admin web page or use it as a router yet. I got the IP address from dialing the Obi from my phone, but I cannot access the page in my browser over my wireless network, even after enabling it over my phone. I read that this is a safety feature so I tried a direct ethernet link to the LAN port of the OBI with the IP address in the browser - still no go.
How can I access the OBI device manager web page?

Please help. I am getting lost.

QBZappy

FAQ: http://www.obihai.com/FAQ.html
How do I enable access to OBi202 Internal Web Admin Configuration UI via the WAN IP?
By default, web access to the Internet (WAN) IP address of the OBi202 is disabled. Accessing the Internet (WAN) IP will show, "The requested URL was not found!" or "The webpage cannot be found" in your browser. Note: You may always access the webpage from the LAN side of the OBi202, e.g. connect your PC to the LAN port of the OBi202. To enable access to the OBi202

- Dial ***0 from the phone connected to the OBi202
- Enter 30#
- Press 1 to Enter a New Value
- Press 1# to Enable
- Press 1 to Save

To disable Internet (WAN) port access do the following:
- Dial ***0 from the phone connected to the OBi202
- Enter 30#
- Press 1 to Enter a New Value
- Press 0# to Disable
- Press 1 to Save
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

everythingisinuse

Thanks, I already enabled it over my phone, but still got no access. So can't access the web page over the WAN or the LAN direct ethernet which is supposed to be enabled by default. I'm either doing something very wrong or my Obi is broken I think?

QuoteNote: You may always access the webpage from the LAN side of the OBi202, e.g. connect your PC to the LAN port of the OBi202.

Update: after doing some more checking into the documentation I found that the LAN apparently has its own default IP of 192.168.10.1  which is different from my WAN port. The 10.1 IP is the same as my router admin IP so it looks like there is a conflict - this may be why I wasn't able to use the Obi202 as a router. Now I'll try accessing it while my wireless router is removed from the network. Anyone know this network kind of stuff who can help? If I get in can I change the default IP of the LAN?

ProfTech

This may be more information than you are looking for, but.
1. You must determine what default IP address the Obi is using before you start.
2. Disconnect your computer from your network / router and set a static IP address into it that is one away from what the Obi is using. I.E., if the Obi is 192.168.10.1 then set your computer to 192.168.10.2
3.Disconnect all of the ethernet cables from the Obi. Next, connect your computer directly to one of the Lan ports using a standard crossover cable. You may need to purchase one.
4. Point your browser to 192.168.10.1 and you should be in and able to do anything you need to.

This is the way to always be able to access any device and configure what ever you need to. Just remember If you need to change the IP address of the Obi, make it the last thing you change because once you change it, you won't be able to access it any more unless you change your computer IP again.

*edited* since the 202 is designed as a router you may not need to use a crossover cable. Try a standard ethernet cable first.

Giantkiller

I just got one the obihai 202 units and also was trying to connect to the internal LAN port device page.  I read this thread and it helped me quite  bit but did not resolve the problem. If your laptop has both a wireless and a LAN network port you can connect via wireless to your network. Then you can directly connect a regular LAN cable from your laptop LAN port to the obihai LAN port and go to the default IP address of the LAN port on the 202. Just type the default IP address in the browser window 192.168.10.1 and it will take you there  Once the there (Change default password !!)