News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Reserving *97 & *98 for PBX use?

Started by engineercarl, November 24, 2012, 06:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

engineercarl

Is there a way to "reserve" *97 & *98 so that they are not intercepted by the feature codes in Obi devices? When I dial *97 I get a reorder tone, and dialing *98 gives me a "different sounding" steady dial-type tone.

I've tried removing the entries on the Star Profile, but it has no effect.

My PBX uses these codes for VM and would like to fix this issue across all of my Obi devices. Even better, to remove all of the Star codes so they that are all passed to the VoIP provider.

Thanks!

ianobi

To remove all the OBi Star Codes set this:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> StarCodeProfile : None

For each trunk that you wish Star Codes to go out on you need to add a rule *xx in that DigitMap. For example for sp1:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:
(*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

engineercarl

Thank you, Ian. That seems straightforward enough.

Here's a twist: After searching through all the sub-forums, I saw a somewhat related thread that has adding "*97|*98|" to the beginning of the DigitMap to explicitly let those two codes through. Does this seem right?

I think I'll hold off on removing all the star codes for now. I see you can explicitly specify a codec using these codes so they still have some use for me.

Thanks again.

Carl

ianobi

I thought that you were being a little extreme  ;)

QuoteHere's a twist: After searching through all the sub-forums, I saw a somewhat related thread that has adding "*97|*98|" to the beginning of the DigitMap to explicitly let those two codes through. Does this seem right?

Yes, that works, but you must delete any entries in the OBi Star Code profile for *97 and *98.

engineercarl

Thanks again. I'll work on that and see what happens!

Carl