News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anybody got their refund from Callcentric?

Started by MBFX, November 29, 2012, 07:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MBFX

Like many here, Callcentric was rebooting my OBI unit since October & nothing fixed it so I cancelled them in early November.
I'm still waiting for a refund since they force-charge you in advance!

Sometimes it takes them days to answer emails...if they ever answer.
Are they in the states? There is no phone number anywhere.

Will never deal with them again.

giqcass

Took me about two minutes to find this.

Address:
11 Broadway, Suite 1015
New York, NY 10004
USA

Telephone:
(212) 379-4000
(212) 404-5719

Fax:
(212) 202-4870

Long live our new ObiLords!

Rick

I'd be happy to give the timeline on my refund, but Callcentric doesn't let you see closed support tickets, so I have to estimate.

On 10/30 I told them I was done and asked for a refund.  Within 2 days they responded, we went back and forth for a few days with them telling me they couldn't send a refund to my credit card because "they hadn't made enough charges on it" to refund to it, so they asked for a PayPal account or my agreeing that they mail a check.  Then they told me it had been sent to Accounting.  

Then they said that they had not yet come up with a process for refunding due to their DoS attack as well as their "incompetence in not having backup power", but they agreed to give me back 1/2 of October (i.e. $0.75) in addition to the balance they were holding.

On 11/8 the refund hit my credit card, the one that "we can't refund to".  So that's around 10 days.

Callcentric does "charge you in advance", as does AT&T for POTS service and Verizon Wireless for cell service.  The bill you get also charges you in arrears for usage. 

carl

They never offered my any refund at all. Since the total I would be eligible for is $ 0.76 I am not sure how much time and effort I want to spend on that. Not a good PR policy, though.  :(