News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Connecting two Panasonic KX TDA100 using obi110

Started by Prokrity, November 29, 2012, 07:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prokrity

Hi everyone,

I am new here. I need to connect two Panasonic KX TDA100 using obi110. Would be grateful if you can forward to me some documentation on how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Rick

Quote from: Prokrity on November 29, 2012, 07:52:11 PM
Hi everyone,

I am new here. I need to connect two Panasonic KX TDA100 using obi110. Would be grateful if you can forward to me some documentation on how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

It would have been helpful to note that these devices are "Digital Hybrid PBX" systems, which then serve 64 plus phones.  It appears to be a system that gives you VoIP capability and connects to outside phone lines. 

Therefore, why on earth do you want an OBi110 involved in your setup?  To provide access to Google Voice when you likely already have VoIP? 

Prokrity

Our PBX guy told me that to use the VOIP capability I need to buy T1/E1 cards for both the PBX which are more expensive. Also we use google apps, so having Google Voice will be an added advantage. Please do suggest if you can think any alternative solution would better for such scenario. Thanks.

Rick

Perhaps someone has an idea.  To me, you would need many, many OBi devices to provide many simultaneous Google Voice lines, and how you would connect those lines to the system, and how a person would use a specific Google Voice number is way beyond my understanding.  I can't imagine how it could work.

QBZappy

Prokrity,

I'm not familiar with that product. Can you tell us if there is a line port and a lan port. How do you make/receives calls at the moment? Can you show a topology of your setup.

This may help:
Panasonic KX TDA 100 -- SPA3102 -- LAN -- SPA3102 -- analogue phone
http://forum.voxilla.com/threads/panasonic-kx-tda-100-spa3102-lan-spa3102-analogue-phone.31302/
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

JordanWilliams

Projector SuperStore is your one stop shop for all things presentaiton. Projector SuperStore is your number one resource for Presentation Equipment including Projectors and Projector Accessories from Panasonic, EPSON, Sanyo, Sony, Mitsubishi, InFocus, NEC and more. Visit: http://www.projectorsuperstore.com/

RFord

Rick:

Essentially, if you have a PBX setup, you need an intermediate device to be able to "connect" an Analog phone to in order to make and receive calls via the PBX.  In the case of the OBi ATA, you would setup SP1 and/or SP2 to register to the PBX and from there, be able to make outgoing and receive incoming calls.  The OBi ATA would in this case serve as an extension.  The VOIP providers would be setup on the PBX, not on the OBi ATA.  This has nothing necessarily to do with GV, although you could setup GV on SP1 and have SP2 registered as an extension on the PBX.

It is possible the OP is working from home (for example) and want to connect to the PBX at work, so the OBi would serve that purpose.  There are lots of people using the OBi ATA in this fashion.  These PBX have "cards" with FXS and/or FXO ports that allows for direct connections without the need for ATAs.  One could also use IP phones instead of ATAs.

Quote from: Rick on November 30, 2012, 06:03:48 AM
Perhaps someone has an idea.  To me, you would need many, many OBi devices to provide many simultaneous Google Voice lines, and how you would connect those lines to the system, and how a person would use a specific Google Voice number is way beyond my understanding.  I can't imagine how it could work.

omonat

If the two KX-TDA100 are in different locations, then you simply need a gateway with 4FXO+4FXS at each site. You will then configure the two devices to point at each other for hotline dialing. You could alternatively use a mini-sip server in between to do call routing between the two KX-TDA100 PABXs. That's atleast i have handled it that way and works flawlessly
Wanet Telecoms Limited

drgeoff

@omonat

Did you not notice that the last post in this thread was 7 years ago?