News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

no pin on GV voicmail

Started by sailing, December 02, 2012, 12:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sailing

Maybe I cannot find the setting but it appears that if I dial my GV # from the line that has that GV #, voicemail does not ask for a pin. (I did set the pin.)

I have an Obi110, with a pstn and SP1 and SP2 with two GV #. By default, I call out on SP1. When calling, I would like to forward the pstn caller to the number on SP1 to have its voicemail answer. The scenario I'm concerned about is, if I pick up the phone but haven't called yet, someone calls at that moment and the call on the pstn gets forwarded through SP1 to the number on SP1. GV voicemail then answers but doesn't require a pin so whomever gets forwarded gets into my voicemail.

Is there a solution to this?

hwittenb

Sailing,

You get into the GV voicemail because you are calling your GV number with a phone that is setup under GV as a phone that the GoogleVoice number is set to forward incoming calls to.  If you have the GV number set to only forward calls to Google chat and you call the number with a different phone you should get the regular Voicemail Greeting. 

If it isn't possible to call with a number other than your GV phone, in addition on your Google Voice web page if you click on Your number: and then on the next screen under numbers you are forwarding to you click on EDIT a screen then comes up where you can set Voicemail Access Yes/No for the number in question.  This last screen is a little hard to find.