December 14, 2017, 10:54:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Instructions for OBiON for Android  (Read 538230 times)
OBiSupport
Administrator

« on: January 07, 2011, 09:38:31 am »

OBiON is a free communication application which makes possible placing and receiving toll free calls to/from other OBi endpoints using the OBiTALK network and your device's Wi-Fi, 4G or 3G** connection to the Internet. Calls with regular land line and mobile phones are possible when using an Obihai OBi Voice Service Bridge device.

To use OBiON, please do the following:
1. Download OBiON from the Android Market.
2. Sign-up for an OBiTALK account at: www.obitalk.com
3. Log-in to OBiON with your OBiTALK user name and password and start making free calls.

- Please Note -
Your 9-digit OBi No. is viewable at the top of the OBiTALK screen of the OBiON app as well as in your Dashboard when you are logged in to OBiTALK.com.

222-222-222 Test No.
At any time, you may call the OBiTALK Echo Service to test your connection.

How to Make and Receive Calls:
Using the 9-digit OBi No. you can call other OBi endpoints for free using any Wi-Fi, 4G or 3G** Internet connection.

If you call an Obihai OBi110 Voice Service Bridge, your call can be bridged to another service like your local Telco or a VoIP service to reach land lines and mobiles.

Your OBiON can receive calls from other OBi endpoints when they dial your 9-digit OBi No. Calls from a regular phone or the PSTN can ring your OBi No. by using an Obihai OBi110 Voice Service Bridge.

OBiON Features:
- Make or Receive Calls To/From Other OBi Endpoints - For Free!
- Make or Receive Calls To/From Land Lines and Mobiles Via an OBi Voice Service Bridge
- Make Calls Using 9-Digit OBi No.
- Make Calls Using OBiTALK Speed Dials (99)
- Call Log / History (Made, Received, Missed)
- Dial From Call History
- Clear Call History (All / Individual)
- Contact List
- Add to Contacts from Call Log
- Add/Remove Contacts Manually
- Dial From Contact List
- Remove Contact
- Log-In / Log-Out with OBiTALK UN/PW
- Synchronization with OBiTALK

OBiTALK Features:
- Manage OBi Devices and Soft Phones
- Add/Remove Devices
- Add/Remove Services (SIP Accounts)
- Edit OBi Endpoint Names
- Manage Your OBi Circle of Trust (CoT)
- Add People to Your CoT
- Request to be Added to Another CoT
- Manage Trusted Caller ID Numbers
- Speed Dial List (99) Network Based

Note: The speakerphone is not supported in this release.

** 3G Connectivity:
Please note that while we have completed many successful voice calls using multiple carriers' 3G networks, we have found that performance of the app is the most reliable when Wi-Fi or 4G is used to connect to the Internet.

Carrier roaming and cellular data charges may apply.

The people at Obihai are re-inventing the telephone at a personal level. "OBi" products come in the form of powerful Internet connected devices and applications configured for optimum savings and absolute convenience. With the help of the OBiTALK web portal or an auto-provisioned service, OBi can help you start saving money and time immediately. Regardless of whether you are working, playing, or someplace in-between, OBi has the power to transform the way you live.

-Obihai Support Team
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 04:16:55 pm by ShermanObi » Logged
NerdUno

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 05:32:26 am »

Contacts in the existing Contacts List on an OBi110 don't seem to work from the Android and iPad clients. In fact, the only call that works is one directly to the OBi device itself. Is there a special syntax to dial out from the Android or iPad client using one of the available ports on a registered OBi device?
obiliving
OBi Phone Beta Tester

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 07:55:53 am »

The current softclients, OBiON (Android/IOS) and OBiAPP (Windows) only support calling other 9-digit OBi numbers. They have not been updated to support the direct dialing feature via an OBi device yet. (only OBI device itself has this added in the 1.1 firmware, when dialing from the PHONE port).
So the only way to call out from the app over other services (SP1/SP2) on the OBi is via the AA (i.e., 2-stages).
I assume you have tried that already (for example, just set OBi device - OBiTALK Service - InboundCallRoute = {aa})

There should be an announcement soon from OBIHAI when they post an update to the apps that include direct dialing feature.
ShermanObi
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 10:41:24 pm »

Soon, OBiTALK will enable direct dialing to regular phone numbers from the (free) OBi soft phone clients, OBiON for Android, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and OBiAPP for PCs. An update to the OBi soft phone client will be required for this to work.  The update will be available soon.

To use this feature, the soft phone user will need to select a primary gateway from a selection of OBi devices that she owns herself or other users' OBi devices to which she belongs to their Circle of Trust in OBiTALK.

In essence, a person will be able to assign their soft phone (e.g. 290 123 456) a "primary direct dial gateway" whereby a call can be placed to a PSTN number in a single stage from the WiFi, 3G or 4G connected soft phone client by simply dialing the PSTN number on the soft phone's user interface.  The OBi device acting as the gateway will use its configured Primary Line to terminate the call to the PSTN.

Said another way, out of ALL the OBi devices that happen to be in the user's CoT to which they belong (including their own, of course), one of these OBi devices can be selected as the user's Primary Direct Dial Gateway.  If a user wants to have additional direct dial gateways, via which direct calls to the PSTN can be placed, the user will need to prepend the PSTN number with the target gateway speed dial code number and the star key, e.g. 7*12125551212 Where the OBi with speed dial 7 is used to make calls to the 212 area code.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 07:10:26 pm by ShermanObi » Logged
NerdUno

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 05:21:44 am »

Niiiiiiiiiiice.  Cool
thunderstruck

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 08:16:38 am »

Where are you at on the status of this? It's something I'm definitely looking forward too, and was quite surprised when I found out it wasn't already present in the app already.
OBi-Guru
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 11:19:53 am »

The Android version is in the process of getting to the Android Marketplace.
If you want to test drive it now, it is available on the PC XLite+ObiApp.

The setting of the default gateway for the softphone is done on the OBiTALK portal, click on the softphone icon/number, and you can choose the OBi device that will serve as your default.

This setting must be done once for the OBiApp or OBiON to allow single stage dialing.   You need to exit and re-sign_in to your App after setting the default gateway.
thunderstruck

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 07:24:01 pm »

What I meant was I want the ability to connect to it via WiFi with my cell to place outgoing calls. I don't want to get up and either grab my cordless or fire up the computer to make a call. Cell is much easier to lug around the house than my cordless.
ShermanObi
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 02:15:28 pm »

With the current release of the OBi100/110 firmware and the OBiON for android update (version 1.1.0-1944) available from the Android Market, the OBiON for Android soft phone now supports direct, single-stage dialing via a gateway OBi device.

On the OBiON user interface, under the "Display Name," there is a new item in the OBiTALK settings window called "Voice Gateway."  When an OBi gateway has been selected from the Soft Phone Device Configuration page at www.obitalk.com, the OBi No. will appear here.

To enable this feature, log on to the OBiTALK portal, and select an OBi Voice Gateway device from the drop down menu in the configuration settings for your OBi soft phone.

Once selected, this OBi device will act as the gateway for calls from your soft phone to regular numbers.  For example, if you choose your "NYC-OBi110" as the OBi Voice Gateway, and this OBi110 has as its primary line a VoIP service with 7-digit dialing enabled for 212, from the OBiON soft phone dialing interface, you can dial 555-1212 and the call will be processed in a single stage to 1-212-555-1212 by the gateway OBi110 device, "NYC-OBi110" using the VoIP service configured on the SP1 settings.

(Note: I jumped the gun on 7-digit dialing using OBiON gateway calling.  It is coming soon.  For the time being, please use 1+ 10-digit dialing)

IMPORTANT NOTE for OBi Gateway Callers:
When you are using OBiON in conjunction with an OBi device (OBi110 or OBi100) as a voice gateway, unless preceded by a "**9", all dialed numbers will go to the gateway OBi device to be routed to the called number. To ring an OBi device or soft phone directly you must first dial a **9 before its 9-digit OBi No.

Your OBiON can still receive calls from other OBi endpoints when they dial your 9-digit OBi No or a speed dial configured with the 9-digit OBi No. Calls from a regular phone, i.e. the PSTN, can ring your OBi No. by using an OBi110 Voice Service Bridge device. Unless the OBi device is configured to forward calls to the OBi soft phone number, PSTN callers will always have to connect to the OBi soft phone via the OBi attendant.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:36:03 am by ShermanObi » Logged
tlandry

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 08:20:57 pm »

Awesome update! I absolutely love it!

ShermanObi: at the end of your message you mention: "Unless the OBi device is configured to forward calls to the OBi soft phone number"

Any ideas on how to do this? Now I want to receive calls from my Obi110....

Any way to help a brutha'?
NerdUno

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 06:50:46 am »

When you are using OBiON in conjunction with an OBi device (OBi110 or OBi100) as a voice gateway, unless preceded by a "**9", all dialed numbers will go to the gateway OBi device to be routed to the called number. To ring an OBi device or soft phone directly you must first dial a **9 before its 9-digit OBi No.

Terrific new softphone!! **9 works fine, but all other calls seem to be limited to SP1. Attempting to send call through SP2 fails using standard syntax: **2 + number. This means that existing speed dial entries with prefixes fail. Is this not yet supported??
ShermanObi
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 09:06:03 am »

To tlandry:  This post explains how to forward calls to an OBi device or soft phone using its OBi No. and the OBiTALK network.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=206.msg864#msg864
slipsibm

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 10:20:01 am »

Did anyone ever reply to this? Write now when I make a call from my Android via OBiON, the callerid shows up as SP1 (the default line on the gateway) Is there any way via ** keys to force the call to go out over SP2 as **2 would do if I were in the house attached to the Obi device?

Terrific new softphone!! **9 works fine, but all other calls seem to be limited to SP1. Attempting to send call through SP2 fails using standard syntax: **2 + number. This means that existing speed dial entries with prefixes fail. Is this not yet supported??
RonR
Forum Member

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 10:28:15 am »

Write now when I make a call from my Android via OBiON, the callerid shows up as SP1 (the default line on the gateway) Is there any way via ** keys to force the call to go out over SP2 as **2 would do if I were in the house attached to the Obi device?

The configuration generated by the OBiTALK Web Portal is very limited and only supports placing calls through the OBi's PrimaryLine from OBiON Aps.

In order to be able to place calls through any trunk of an OBi, a configuration such as one of these is required:

Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk

Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk Using SIP
slipsibm

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 10:36:13 am »

Hmm, greek (or is that geek) to me  Cheesy . I assume that this is done via the local web interface on the device. I will try and look at that when I get access to the device. I agree with the post that said, maybe the Obitalk web ui should be updated to allow this config  Wink
rmillr

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 09:10:58 pm »

Is it possible to call from a Android Obion app to another Android Obion app?

Thanks Raymond
jimates
OBi110 Beta Testers

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 10:53:17 pm »

short answer is yes.

Don't look at it as calling another app, you are calling another Obi endpoint. The Obion app is an end point that is using a Obitalk softphone number.

Calling any Obi endpoint is achieved by dialing that endpoints assigned Obitalk number. Calling an Obitalk number must be done using the Obitalk Service. Since the app only uses the Obitalk Service, you can just dial the 9 digit number for the Obi end point you wish to call.
dhobi

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 12:11:59 pm »

Is there still any work being done on the OBI Android app or has it been abandoned?
yuteqwu

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2013, 11:07:08 am »

Are there any plans to make OBI for Android and OBI for IPhone actually working?
Usetheforceobiwan

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2013, 08:05:15 am »

Almost three years later, still no updated software, still no speakerphone.  Come on Obihai !!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: