News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to check voicemail using attached handset on Obi100

Started by SniperSheep, December 02, 2012, 05:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SniperSheep

Just installed an Obi100 on a new GApps GVoice account. Got all the kinks worked out, can make and receive calls.
However, when I dial my own GVoice number from the attached handset, I get a voice prompt "Since this is your first time calling Google Voice..." etc, prompting me to set up greeting and name. This happens every time, even though the greeting is set up and plays when I call GVoice number from other phones.
If I call from a different phone, I am able to retrieve voice mail as per usual means.
Same thing (first-time set up prompt) happens if I call my number from Gmail on the same account.

Any ideas?

pc44

SniperSheep,

Have you double-checked your voicemail access settings from inside Google Voice:
Google Voice -> Settings -> Phones -> Google Chat -> Voicemail Access -> Direct access to voicemail when calling your Google number from this phone?

SniperSheep

Quote from: pc44 on December 02, 2012, 05:48:29 PM
SniperSheep,

Have you double-checked your voicemail access settings from inside Google Voice:
Google Voice -> Settings -> Phones -> Google Chat -> Voicemail Access -> Direct access to voicemail when calling your Google number from this phone?
First thing I played with. None of the 3 options make a difference in result.

QBZappy

In addition to Google Chat, any other number that you have set up to verify/activate GV have the following settings as well that may need to be configured:
Google Voice -> Settings -> Phones -> 'Service Name you gave it' -> Edit 'Button'-> Show advanced settings-> Direct access to voicemail when calling your Google number from this phone?

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

SniperSheep

Quote from: QBZappy on December 02, 2012, 07:38:49 PM

In addition to Google Chat, any other number that you have set up to verify/activate GV have the following settings as well that may need to be configured:
Google Voice -> Settings -> Phones -> 'Service Name you gave it' -> Edit 'Button'-> Show advanced settings-> Direct access to voicemail when calling your Google number from this phone?
Nope, the other number is set to "No (requires pressing star during greetings -- default for non-mobile phones)"
The GTalk is set to "Yes, PIN Not Required"
None of this explains why it tries to go through first-time set up though.