News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dashboard Displays Obi Offline

Started by bsdaiwa, December 03, 2012, 03:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsdaiwa

My Dashboard displays one of my Obi 110's as Off-line but the device is working properly. I can receive calls and both the Google Voice and my Callcentric accounts show that the device is registered and I can access the Expert Configuration menus, so what is going on. All my other devices listed on my account are showing correctly.
The Obi is in another country and I would like to reboot it but there does not seem to be a way to do that using the Expert Configuration, does anyone know how to reboot remotely?

QBZappy

bsdaiwa,

Make any change and press submit. The OBi should reboot after a couple of minutes.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

bsdaiwa

Quote from: QBZappy on December 03, 2012, 05:51:59 AM
bsdaiwa,

Make any change and press submit. The OBi should reboot after a couple of minutes.

Made a change and submitted, then waited 10 mins. but no change to the status, still showing as offline. I wish they would but in a way in the Expert Configuration to force a reboot.
I have found that even if a device is off-line I can make changes using Expert Configuration and save them. Once the device comes on line the changes are implemented in the device but making a change while on line does not necessarily cause a reboot.

bsdaiwa

Fixed, I discovered that if I forwarded port 80 to the Obi's LAN IP address then I could login to the local settings and have access to the reboot icon. Once I rebooted the Obi showed up as active. This is the best example I can show for having a reboot setting in Expert Configuration, I was lucky that I could remotely access the router and forward port 80 to the Obi's LAN IP address.

QBZappy

bsdaiwa,

Why don't you just continue using that method to configure the unit. All the limitations are avoided this way.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

bsdaiwa

Quote from: QBZappy on December 03, 2012, 07:53:29 AM
bsdaiwa,

Why don't you just continue using that method to configure the unit. All the limitations are avoided this way.

True, but I have 10 Obi's spread around the US and South America and some I have access to the routers and some I don't. If I had access all the routers or if Obi modified the Expert Configuration my problem would be solved. Obi's modification to the Expert Configuration would be, at least for me, the best method.

QBZappy

bsdaiwa,

With 10 units looks like you can be considered an ISP. There is a homebrew method to self provision all the units. Meaning that you can Self provision just like OBihai can or any other ISP can with a locked OBi unit. I have never done it myself but if memory serves me, I have read at least one post mentioning that someone has done it. You might want to ask this on the DSL Reports forum if it interests you. You can try searching on this forum as well, however that post is going to be obscure and old, making it difficult to find.

Whenever searching this forum you can use the browser and Google instead of the built in search feature. It provides better results since Google does a better job at finding hits on the search terms. Downside is that any current posts that are not in the Google cache will not show up in the delivered results.
Search using this format:
site:obitalk.com keyword1+keyword2+etc...

bsdaiwa

Thanks, I will look into it, your advice is always appreciated.