News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 and Callwaiting CallID on Incoming Calls while on the line

Started by Everton, December 01, 2012, 05:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everton

Is there any way to get the CallerID on a new incoming call when there is a call in progress?  When I'm on the phone and a second call comes in, I hear the callwaiting beeps/tones to alert me of an incoming call, but I'm not getting a CallerID (number) of the incoming calls.  Is there a setting I'm missing that can enable the CallerID?  I'm using the OBi110 with GV on SP! and Anveo on SP2 and I'm using a VTech Cordless Phone.   Current Software Version is:  1.3.0 (Build: 2744). Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

zapattack

Frustrating as the default IS Call Waiting Caller ID Enable. Tried different caller-id boxes, too.

Everton

Sent a support request to OBiSupport regarding the above issue and this was their response:

The OBi is sending out a Call Waiting CallerID.  If you don't see it on your
handset, that means the handset is NOT capable of displaying Call waiting
CallerID.   This function is supported by a limited number of handset,
please try to use a different cordless phone that has this capability.

- Obi Support

Was not aware that only a limited number of Handsets are capable of "Call Waiting CallerID"  It was my understanding that once a Handset can display CallerID, it should by extension, be able to do Call Waiting CallerID.  Has anyone heard of this before and can anyone point me to some models of Cordless Phones which has this capability?  Thx

zapattack

The reply from Obi ignored the real problem.
The problem is not that caller-id doesn't work,
Call Waiting Caller-Id doesn't work, a totally different function.
If it works when the phone is On-hook, then the Obi is not sending compatible Off-hook signals.

infin8loop

I use a Vtech 3 Handset Cordless System Model# IA5878 which is probably at least 5 years old, probably older, connected to an OBi110 (1.3.0 Build: 2719). I have GV on SP1 and voip.ms on SP2.  I get call waiting callerid shown on the handsets for an inbound call to GV or my voip.ms DID (ported from AT&T for $10 during the "kick callcentric while they're down sale") when a call is already in progress.

The OBi110 Phone Port CallerIDEnable and CallWaitingCallerIDEnable are both checked (default values).

I see the call waiting callerid in the OBi110 call history log as well. For those of you not getting call waiting callerid displayed on your phone handset, what does your OBi call history show for the call?
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

Lavarock7

Quote from: zapattack on December 03, 2012, 04:47:08 PM
The reply from Obi ignored the real problem.
The problem is not that caller-id doesn't work,
Call Waiting Caller-Id doesn't work, a totally different function.
If it works when the phone is On-hook, then the Obi is not sending compatible Off-hook signals.

Not all callerID units display the callerID of an inbound call when a call is already in progress.

Wikipedia discusses that:

"In 1995, Bellcore released another type of modulation similar to Bell 202 in which it became possible to transmit caller ID information and even provide call-disposition options while the user was already on the telephone. This service became known in some markets as call waiting ID, or (when it was combined with call-disposition options), Call Waiting Deluxe; it is technically referred to as Analog Display Services Interface. "Call Waiting Deluxe" is the Bellcore (now Telcordia Technologies) term for Type II caller ID with Disposition Options."
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

zapattack

Then it appears the Obi does not support the original CWCID, only a newer version?
My BellSouth labled Call Waiting Caller ID System does not register that type of Obi call, only regular by which I mean it worked with my LinkSys ATA.

fred11

I bought a bellsouth Cl-43 (ebay $10) and put it ahead of my panasonic dect phones on my obi110 phone output.   CID for a waiting call works fine.  Of course the CI-43 is located ahead of the dect base unit so the remote phones don't display the CWCID, but the Cl-43
saves everything and I can call back after completing the first call. I don't like being put on hold for an interrupting call anyway, so I don't see this as a problem.