News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 - Only Solid Red Power Light

Started by PhoenixObi, December 08, 2012, 12:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixObi

Hello, just bought an Obi110 - tried installing but only getting a solid power light.  Even if I only plug in the Obi110 to the wall (no phone, internet) or with everything connected get the same thing.  I tried hard resetting but that also doesn't work.  The hard reset will not make the red power light flash even after holding down for 30 seconds.  Is the brand new unit just broken?

hwittenb

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

zshu

Hi, I got the same issue with my OBi110. It has been working well until today. Only the power led is red and all other leds are off.

Factory reset did not work and I even changed the power adapter, it did not work either.

Any updates from the above users? How do you resolve the problem?

Thanks!

toysareforboys

Because this was the first thread that came up in Google I figured I'd post the solution that worked for me:

Unplug the power
Insert paper clip to depress the reset button on the bottom of the unit.
Plug the power back in (while continuing to hold reset)
Continue to hold reset for very long time (usually 60 seconds or more) until device reboots (power light blinks green quickly).

If this doesn't solve it try and new power adapter.

-Jamie M.

SimpleJoe

I've tried all that with no luck, i was about to return it and thought... well give it a good kick to get things moving.... ( didn't actually kick it) but tapped it on top bottom and near the red light, and to my surprise... the green light finally came on after 3 hours of messing with it.... luck was with me tonight.

drgeoff

Quote from: SimpleJoe on May 28, 2015, 08:03:22 PM
I've tried all that with no luck, i was about to return it and thought... well give it a good kick to get things moving.... ( didn't actually kick it) but tapped it on top bottom and near the red light, and to my surprise... the green light finally came on after 3 hours of messing with it.... luck was with me tonight.
That sort of luck has a nasty propensity to run out,  probably at a most critical time.

OzarkEdge

Quote from: SimpleJoe on May 28, 2015, 08:03:22 PM

If it and all else fails again, pop it open and inspect for poor connections/soldering.  Bad, tiny PCB soldering faults can be hard to detect or fix, but maybe you'll get lucky and find something you can learn from.

OE