News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

syslog

Started by rob613, December 09, 2012, 04:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob613

I turned up syslog on my obi110 at the default highest debug level of 7 and reviewed by a local linux server the data that it puts out.   I saw a tremendous level of detail for DTMF tone detection for an outbound call as well as CNG data for an incoming call.   I didn't however see the the call routing detail which shows up in the Call History which is what I am really after.   I also didn't see any indication of the distinctive ring pattern that an incoming call came in with.

Is it possible to get enough data to reconstruct a call history with more than just the last 200 calls?

What can be done with the DTMF detection and other information within the syslog output?   How is that expected to be useful?

pc44

Quote from: rob613 on December 09, 2012, 04:43:45 PMIs it possible to get enough data to reconstruct a call history with more than just the last 200 calls?

What can be done with the DTMF detection and other information within the syslog output?   How is that expected to be useful?

Hi rob613,

Someone on here (probably infin8loop!) wrote a script that retrieved the call history from the OBi, which then allows you to save it on your computer.  The only thing I can think of is to use such a script to regular dump the last 200 calls to your PC.  This way, you would have ongoing weekly or monthly logs for an indefinite period of time.

As you probably already know, syslog is used primarily for troubleshooting or debugging.  For call history and call logging, syslog can be sometimes useful, but that is not its primary use or purpose.  I believe the DTMF and other information is helpful when users run into certain problems when dialing with their particularly VoIP provider.

pc44