News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New setup, how to dial out on sp1

Started by TNmom, December 11, 2012, 01:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNmom

I followed the instructions to set up my 100 with GV and everything works fine, can make incoming and outgoing calls with no problems.

I signed up with voip.ms, bought a phone number and signed up with their e911.  Then went to the obi wizard and added voip.ms and enabled 911 for call out.  That was all confirmed.  voip.ms is ONLY going to be used for 911 calls.

Now I get an email from voip.ms to call the e911 number they gave me to verify the information.  But I can't figure out how to.  When I pick up the phone it uses google voice.

On my dashboard it's listing GV as sp2, and voip.ms on sp1. 

So please, how do I used voip.ms to call out to test 911.

Thanks for your time.

Veronica

to call out using SP1 (voip.ms) you have to dial **1 before the number so that will be **1911, also if you add an # after dialing the whole number it will speed up the call to go thru.

**1911#

~ V

TNmom

The test number they gave me is 1-555-555-0911

I just dialed **1 (should there be a new dialtone or sound like it's switching at this point?) and then 15555550911 and got a busy signal.  

On my obi dashboard it says status offline for sp1.  And one more thing, should the gateway be set to sp2 or left blank.

Thanks again.

TNmom

I was never able to "switch" to the voip.ms line.  I had to uncheck primary line in GV, and check primary line in voip.ms.  Doing this enabled me to call their test number and everything checks out fine.  After I did the test, I made GV the primary outgoing number again.

BTW, GV sounds awesome.  Just as good, if not better than Comcast was.  This Christmas, Santa is bringing me a 5 handset wireless phone that can connect to 2 cellphones via bluetooth as well as whatever line I plug into it.  So if everything goes as planned, we should be able to call 911 via that handset and use our cellphones or Obi/voip.ms to get hold of 911.  The benefit of one of our cells is they will bring up Smart911 info whereas voip.ms can't.  But in times of emergency, I don't want my kids to have to think about which line to use, I just want them to be able to dial 911 and get someone.

hwittenb

If you are supposed to dial 1-555-555 -0911 for 911 service thru voip.ms, I would setup your OBi so that if someone dials 911 the call will go out on voip.ms like it should to the number that they gave you.

You should be able to change the Phone Port Digitmap to setup the number correctly and send it via SP1.  If you change the 911 element in the Phone Port Digitmap from
to
<**115555550>911
when you dial 911 the number will be changed to **1 1 555 555 0911 which is the number you said that you wanted with **1 added to route the call thru SP1.

This is the default Phone Port DigitMap
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))
The change DigitMap would be:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|<**115555550>911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Of course, voip.ms should have a status of registered.  It should not be off-line.