News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 with GV call quality issues

Started by rsnyc, December 16, 2012, 05:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsnyc

I have recently setup an obi202 with google voice. I wired the obi to my router (Belkin N+ wireless router F5D8235) which is obviously connected to my modem. I have some issues with dropped calls but mostly others complain that they cannot hear me every now and then even though I can usually hear them. What can I do to fix the call quality?

I also am not sure I have my setup done right. I have the obi connected to the phone and router. the router is connected to the modem and pc. the modem is connected to the pc also with usb.

Some questions I have are, would it be much better to hook up the obi directly to my modem? Could switching routers improve my reception, even though I am not connecting through a woreless network? Should I go wireless?

MikeHObi

You should go here with your computer and test your services voip quality.
http://myspeed.visualware.com/indexvoip.php

If you get green lights on that test, then there is no reason why the obi should be having issues unless it is related to configuration.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

Rick

Quote from: rsnyc on December 16, 2012, 05:35:40 PM
I have recently setup an obi202 with google voice. I wired the obi to my router (Belkin N+ wireless router F5D8235) which is obviously connected to my modem. I have some issues with dropped calls but mostly others complain that they cannot hear me every now and then even though I can usually hear them. What can I do to fix the call quality?

I also am not sure I have my setup done right. I have the obi connected to the phone and router. the router is connected to the modem and pc. the modem is connected to the pc also with usb.

Some questions I have are, would it be much better to hook up the obi directly to my modem? Could switching routers improve my reception, even though I am not connecting through a woreless network? Should I go wireless?

The modem should not be connected to the PC, the router handles the modem connection.
Try this fix:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3900.0

rsnyc

First off thanks for replies.

I unplugged the usb (it was unnecessary). I also tried the port fix suggested by rick. I ran the myspeed.visualware test before and after making changes. Both tests were green for download/upload speed but red for consistency of service (44%). I am not sure how to proceed but this seems to be a source of my problem.

I also ordered a new asus RT N16 modem in hope that it will help when running tomato.