News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how to fix consistency of service?

Started by rsnyc, December 19, 2012, 05:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsnyc

I get choppy/dropped calls on my obi202 driectly connected to my router with google voice.

I ran the myspeed.visualware test. Both tests were green for download/upload speed but red for consistency of service (44%).

Is this all about my ISP? Will a new router help? Is there any way I can configure my obi202 to get better call quality?

OBiSupport

Please elaborate on what the speed test's definition is for "consistency of service."

rsnyc

Well I went to the site after reading about it on these forums. I am not exactly sure what it means which is why I am posting. Just ran it again and the test results state "Your consistency of service was measured at 48% which shows that your connection is unable to produce a constant stream of data. This is key to providing a high quality VOIP connection so sound is likely to be broken."

The thing is while I have choppy and dropped calls I stream media, play video games and make cell phonecalls over my wireless network without major problems. will a new router help this problem or is it all my ISP (which I am stuck with unfortunately). I usually get 15-20 mbps download speed and 1 Mbps upload according to speed tests.

Lina

This is a great question and would appreciate any answers.

Although I have an obi100 and not a 202, I sometimes have the same problem.

Is it the internet provider, or is it the voip provider?
I have heard that the connection and consistency is not great with freephoneline.ca and have experienced such!
With Anveo I have no problem, but if both of these are connected to the obi, does the BAD freephoneline connection affect the Anveo connection??

OR how would I know if it is neither and in fact my Internet provider??

Lina