News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PSTN - obi110 --------obi110 - PSTN

Started by echen, January 28, 2013, 08:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

echen

I had set up first 110 success in HK office so I can use Obion from outside and then make land line call thru the 110.

I want to install another 110 at China office, I understand I can call the China local call thru Obion #* 12345678 which # is the speed dial no. of China office 110 and 12345678 is the local no. in China

The question is - is it possible I can use a mobile without Obion installed from HK dial the local land line no. connected to  HK 110 then thru the internet to China 110 then dial the local call in China thru the PSTN?

Thanks in advance.

hwittenb

Quote from: echen on January 28, 2013, 08:15:03 AMThe question is - is it possible I can use a mobile without Obion installed from HK dial the local land line no. connected to  HK 110 then thru the internet to China 110 then dial the local call in China thru the PSTN?

Yes it should be possible to bridge the call as you describe.  The configuration can be very flexible depending on whether you wish to return a dial tone or send the call to a specific number. 

This assumes there is no blocking by the internet carrier, and your local HK mobile circuit can reliably send dtmf tones over the in-progress call and it can deliver a caller id that the OBi can receive in the event you wish to use the caller id in determining the call routing.

QBZappy

echen,

You can use a sip soft client, or perhaps even a GTALK client itself. The inbound call route needs to match exactly with whatever the CID the OBi unit is receiving. In the case of GTALK, your CID is most likely a text name rather than numbers.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

echen

Quote from: hwittenb on January 29, 2013, 04:49:59 PM

Yes it should be possible to bridge the call as you describe.  The configuration can be very flexible depending on whether you wish to return a dial tone or send the call to a specific number. 

This assumes there is no blocking by the internet carrier, and your local HK mobile circuit can reliably send dtmf tones over the in-progress call and it can deliver a caller id that the OBi can receive in the event you wish to use the caller id in determining the call routing.

Many thanks for your reply.  I just want to send the call to local land line numbers  (any local numbers accepted) which similar I was located at China office and dial out land line numbers.

So in this case, any suggestion for setup and information I can review?  As I am new for VoIp and Obi110, sorry for stupid questions.

echen

Quote from: QBZappy on January 29, 2013, 04:57:46 PM
echen,

You can use a sip soft client, or perhaps even a GTALK client itself. The inbound call route needs to match exactly with whatever the CID the OBi unit is receiving. In the case of GTALK, your CID is most likely a text name rather than numbers.

Thanks for your information.

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

hwittenb

Quote from: QBZappy on January 29, 2013, 07:43:36 PM
This site might interest you
http://www.telecom-cafe.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=34

QBZappy,

Cool site.  I learned tonight that GoogleChrome will easily translate Chinese to English

azrobert

You want a HK mobile to call the PSTN number that is connected to the HK OBi110's line port, then dial out on the PSTN line connected to the China OBi110's line port.

If this is correct then:

Add to the HK OBi110's Line InboundCallRoute:
{(12345678):pp(ob200123456)}

12345678 = Mobile's CallerID.
200123456 = The China OBi110 ID number

Add to the China OBi110 OBitalk Service InboundCallRoute:
{(200654321):li}

200654321 = Hong Kong OBi110 ID number.

When the mobile calls the PSTN line in HK, they will hear dial tone on the PSTN line in China.

OR

{(200654321):aa}

Set the Primary Line on China OBi110 Auto Attendant Service to: LINE

When the mobile calls the PSTN line in HK, they will be connected to the Auto Attendant in China.
Follow prompts to make the call.

Edit:  I did not test this configuration.

hwittenb

Quote from: echen on January 29, 2013, 07:37:57 PM
I just want to send the call to local land line numbers  (any local numbers accepted) which similar I was located at China office and dial out land line numbers.
So in this case, any suggestion for setup and information I can review?  

Edit:  I didn't see azrobert's response before I posted.

To setup what you wish to do would require some cut and try testing to get it right and you would need to be able to configure both the local and the distant OBi.  If you are new to the OBi there will be a learning curve.  I would think it would be helpful if you had an adapter to try things out on without disrupting your phone system.

Without testing anything to see if I'm mistaken, I think my general implementation approach would be the following.  I am assuming you are using your HK mobile phone and calling a local pstn number that is attached to the PSTN Line port of your HK OBi110.  If it is a voip number, then it is the same approach except you would be dealing with the InboundCallRoute of the SPx that has the voip DID.

1.  Setup the incoming pstn line on the HK OBi110 so that a call from your mobile phone would send the call to the Automated Attendant (AA) IVR.  This is done on the Line Port InboundCallRoute.
2.  The AA will ask you to enter 2 to "Make a new call" and then ask you to enter the number.  You would then enter some code that signals that this is a China LandLine number followed by the number.
3.  You would setup the Automated Attendant (AA) DigitMap to allow this call with this code and then the Automated Attendant (AA) OutboundCallRoute to route the call with this number thru a VoiceGateway (VGx) that would send the call to the China OBi110 using the OBiTalk network.
4.  You would setup the VoiceGateway that would send the call to the China OBi110 along with the number that you have dialed sending the call over the OBiTalk network.
5.  On the China OBi110 you would setup the OBiTalk InboundCallRoute so that when it receives a call from the HK OBi110 that has a number dialed in the format you setup the InboundCallRoute would dial that number on the attached PSTN local line.

echen

echen

Quote from: azrobert on January 29, 2013, 08:50:36 PM
You want a HK mobile to call the PSTN number that is connected to the HK OBi110's line port, then dial out on the PSTN line connected to the China OBi110's line port.

If this is correct then:

Add to the HK OBi110's Line InboundCallRoute:
{(12345678):pp(ob200123456)}

12345678 = Mobile's CallerID.
200123456 = The China OBi110 ID number

{(200654321):li}

200654321 = Hong Kong OBi110 ID number.

When the mobile calls the PSTN line in HK, they will hear dial tone on the PSTN line in China.

OR

{(200654321):aa}

Set the Primary Line on China OBi110 Auto Attendant Service to: LINE

When the mobile calls the PSTN line in HK, they will be connected to the Auto Attendant in China.
Follow prompts to make the call.

Edit:  I did not test this configuration.

many thanks, will try asap.

echen

Quote from: hwittenb on January 29, 2013, 08:59:00 PM
Quote from: echen on January 29, 2013, 07:37:57 PM
I just want to send the call to local land line numbers  (any local numbers accepted) which similar I was located at China office and dial out land line numbers.
So in this case, any suggestion for setup and information I can review?  

Edit:  I didn't see azrobert's response before I posted.

To setup what you wish to do would require some cut and try testing to get it right and you would need to be able to configure both the local and the distant OBi.  If you are new to the OBi there will be a learning curve.  I would think it would be helpful if you had an adapter to try things out on without disrupting your phone system.

Without testing anything to see if I'm mistaken, I think my general implementation approach would be the following.  I am assuming you are using your HK mobile phone and calling a local pstn number that is attached to the PSTN Line port of your HK OBi110.  If it is a voip number, then it is the same approach except you would be dealing with the InboundCallRoute of the SPx that has the voip DID.

1.  Setup the incoming pstn line on the HK OBi110 so that a call from your mobile phone would send the call to the Automated Attendant (AA) IVR.  This is done on the Line Port InboundCallRoute.
2.  The AA will ask you to enter 2 to "Make a new call" and then ask you to enter the number.  You would then enter some code that signals that this is a China LandLine number followed by the number.
3.  You would setup the Automated Attendant (AA) DigitMap to allow this call with this code and then the Automated Attendant (AA) OutboundCallRoute to route the call with this number thru a VoiceGateway (VGx) that would send the call to the China OBi110 using the OBiTalk network.
4.  You would setup the VoiceGateway that would send the call to the China OBi110 along with the number that you have dialed sending the call over the OBiTalk network.
5.  On the China OBi110 you would setup the OBiTalk InboundCallRoute so that when it receives a call from the HK OBi110 that has a number dialed in the format you setup the InboundCallRoute would dial that number on the attached PSTN local line.

many thanks. will try soon