News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming voip.ms calls not ringing

Started by d_source, December 20, 2012, 05:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_source

Hi all,

Noob to these forums. Have been using a Obi110 with voip.ms on SP1 (main line to call out from) and GV on SP2. Set it up flawlessly about 3 months ago and never had any issues until today. Outgoing calls still work on SP1 and SP2 with no issues, but incoming calls to my voip.ms DID do not ring. They either get disconnected or go straight to voicemail. Voip.ms shows the call logs and shows each time it's gone through just fine, but it doesn't ring. Both the Obi and voip.ms show that the device is registered. Not really sure what to try next. Rebooted the Obi a bunch of times. Rebooted the router and modem as well. Not working. Nothing has changed since it was working yesterday. What can i try?

Thanks.

infin8loop

I use voip.ms as well.  Double check that both the OBi SP1 configuration is pointing to the same [city].voip.ms server and voip.ms account (or sub-account)  that the voip.ms DID is configured to.  Also make sure that the voip.ms DID is paid up (there were enough funds in your voip.ms account to pay the monthly fee for the DID).  I'm not sure what voip.ms does if you get low on funds and there isn't enough to pay the DID charge automatically. I image they might stop routing the calls to your SIP registration. If none of this seems to be applicable it might be time to open a voip.ms ticket, online chat or simply call them.
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

d_source

Ya both voip.ms and the Obi are pointing to the same server and there are plenty of funds. I was thinking this was a problem on the Obi since voip.ms logs show everything working fine and i'm even getting the voicemails. You think the issue can be on the voip.ms side? I'll definitely give them a call tomorrow and see if they can help.

Thanks.

infin8loop

Well I was going by the statement "Nothing has changed since it was working yesterday". If there were truly no changes made to the OBi configuration then the other variable is something at voip.ms.  You can check the OBi call history log. Are the "no ringing" calls through voip.ms showing up there? If the phone rings on inbound google voice calls and outbound calls can be made on both SP1 and SP2, that seems to rule out cabling issues (a toddler or cat pulling something loose) or a defective phone ringer.  Check OBi SP1 X_InboundCallRoute to see that it has a "{ph}" or just "ph" entry in it. If it doesn't then something did change.  On the surface it seems DID related to me. Prepare for the finger pointing though. Luckily I didn't design any of this stuff, I just bought it. Is your router or ISP suddenly blocking incoming SIP messages?  Is this a regular DID or an iNum DID from voip.ms?  iNums from voip.ms have (or had) issues if they are dialed from one of the iNum dial-in numbers. From my input you can probably tell by now why I don't usually even try to answer these types of questions.  LOL  Someone, throw me an anchor here.

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

infin8loop

Quote from: QBZappy on December 20, 2012, 08:04:05 PM
  :D

I laughed my ASCII off but then I googled and discovered it was unicode. My cluelessness is expanding faster than the universe.

d_source

What lights should be on when the OBI110 is in use? I have voip only, no POTS line attached to the device.

d_source

It seems like my device is rejecting calls. Trace is below and it's giving a "Busy Here Message". Can anyone help? I have no clue what to do here.

|Time     | 68.233.226.97                         |
|         |                   | myIP   |                   
|16.195   |         INVITE SDP (g711U g729 telephone-eventRTPType-...)          |SIP From: "VoIP.ms" <sip:5149089725@68.233.226.97 To:<sip:acct@myIP:5060
|         |(5060)   ------------------>  (5060)   |
|16.257   |         486 Busy Here                 |SIP Status
|         |(5060)   <------------------  (5060)   |
|16.258   |         ACK       |                   |SIP Request
|         |(5060)   ------------------>  (5060)   |

obi-support2

You might have DND (Do Not Disturb) enabled (perhaps by accident dialed the * code). Check under CallingFeatures on your SPx config for that option.

Otherwise, your SPx Service's InboundCallRoute is not routing the call to ring the call. Worth a check there also.

Thank you.
OBIHAI Support Staff

d_source

Under SP1 Service: X_InboundCallRoute is set to ph.
Under calling features: DoNotDisturbEnable is unchecked (which i would assume means it's not enabled).

Are these the two I was supposed to check?

I installed and registered a softphone and tried calling my DID and the call went trough to the softphone, so now i'm pretty sure the problem is with the device itself. Any other suggestions?

THX

obi-support2

The device thinks it's busy.
How about cut and paste that SP settings page here so we can have a look in more detail. Thank you.
OBIHAI Support Staff

Lavarock7

I ran into "busy here" and while probably not the same problem, it may help.

My phone numbers are in 808 code (Hawaii) and Voip.Ms treats that as International (for billing). Thus I have to enable International calls and allow something like North America.

My reason for mentioning this is that I didn't think I had made any changes, but it appears I limited international calling, which at the time didn't make me think it would effect Hawaii (being part of the US since 1959. :-)

So, yes, it may be something like Do not disturb or call forwarding or something.

Try setting up a different sub account. If the problem disappears, then it is something with that one suabbount blocking it.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

d_source

So I'm at home now and could connect directly to the device admin instead of using the ObiTalk portal. I rechecked all the settings listed here and everything I went through with voip.ms. It was the DoNotDisturb. For some reason the ObiTalk showed it as NOT being enabled but the device settings showed it was enabled. I've unchecked it and it looks like everything is back to (cross my fingers) normal.

I assume that it was enabled using a star code on the phone (even though i don't know what the code is). Yesterday was the first time I've ever logged directly into the Obi admin so I know i didnt accidentally do it from there and today was the first time i've even learned how to make changes in expert mode on Obitalk.

Thank you all for your help. Gotta keep my 1yr old and 2yr old away from the phone :S