News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Modem to OBi202 to Airport... Need DMZ

Started by Wisefrog, December 26, 2012, 06:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisefrog

Hi everyone, new owner of an OBi202. I have the current setup: Apple Airport connected to OBi202, then OBi202 connected to a 2Wire DSL modem. I have it setup that way to take advantage of QoS.

The DSL modem has the DMZ set up to the OBi202. No issues there, my VoIP is working fantastically.
When I setup DMZ on the OBi202 to my Airport, my connections don't go through from the internet to my network. I have also tried port forwarding on the OBi202 with no success.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks

giqcass

I wouldn't put the Apple Airport in DMZ unless you need to connect to it from outside the network.  In most system setups this should not be necessary.  Having multiple routers in chain would not be recommended if not needed.  That increases the points of failure and make the system less reliable.  I would probably connect everything directly to the 2wire. I believe it supports multiple connections and Wireless connections. It appears you have this complicated setup presumably because the 2wire does not support QOS.  I would see if QOS is even needed by testing voice quality before daisy chaining everything.

If you insist on connecting everything in this manner this how you should have DMZ set up on the OBI.  It's what works for me.  Even if the firewall is off the OBI does not seem to forward traffic without DMZ set up.  

Also make sure you reboot after you submit changes on the OBI.  They will not work until after reboot.
The IP address of .100 assumes you have not changed a lot of the default settings on you OBI.  The Obi will hand out IP addresses starting at .100 and you should only have one device connected to the OBI other then the telephones so it will get the first IP address which is .100.  If The Apple Airport is not set in any bridged mode the WAN port should be connected to the OBI.  The Airport device should be set up to get its IP address automatically.  

Long live our new ObiLords!

Wisefrog

Thanks, unfortunately I tried, and nothing. I know I can connect my airport directly on the modem but i did wanted to take advantage of the QoS feature of the OBi202.

I find it very unfortunate that it's not working.  :(