News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 second SP rings both phones

Started by mbchen, January 01, 2013, 02:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbchen

Hi

I have installed 2 Voice Service Providers, one per phone port as follows. Nevertheless my first service rings phone 1 and the second rings both phones. What do I have to do to get the second service to ring the second phone only?

SP1   Google Voice™ Account   Connected   
SP2 (Optional)   Google Voice™ Account Connected   
SP3 (Optional)   Not Configured      
SP4 (Optional)   Not Configured      
BT (Optional)   Not Configured      

The Phone Port Configuration Summary is as follows:
                                   Phone 1   Phone 2
Primary Line for Outgoing Calls Route to:SP1     SP2
Phone Rings on Incoming Calls from:SP1     SP2
Voicemail Notification Alert from:SP1     SP2
Emergency Service Call Routes to:Not Conf. Not Conf.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

CoalMinerRetired

I'm not completely clear what you have configured there, primarily because you're not referencing the same terminology, i.e., field names, as in an Obi interface configuration screen.

However, as a best guess, what is the setting for the field X_InboundCallRoute on SP2?  Find it at SP2 Service > X_InboundCallRoute > It should be "ph2".

Based on the behavior you describe it sounds like you now have it at "ph,ph2" (which is also the default setting), which is the setting to route an inbound call to phone port 1 (ph) and phone port 2 (ph2). Note that for these settings "ph" and "ph1" mean the same thing.

mbchen

Thanks for the feedback!

I already tried that option (ph2 as well as {ph2}) with the no luck. I have disabled SP3 and SP4 and many other changes as well.

X_ServProvProfile   B      
X_RingProfile   B      
X_CodecProfile   B      
X_InboundCallRoute   ph2

Any ideas still?

CoalMinerRetired

Do you possibly have GV #1 configured as a forwarding number in GV #2?    These are GV settings I'm asking about, not Obi settings.

Note that there can be redundant, overlapping and contradicting settings for any forward to number in GV (in groups & circles, and individual contacts), so if you even have GV #1 setup in GV #2, this is what I'd suspect. You can also check the Call History in GV #1 to determine if this is happening, i.e., it would point to either GV #1 is receiving a call, or the Obi is receiving the call and ringing ph and ph2.

Let us know what you discover.

mbchen

Thanks again!

I have a simple configuration on both GV #1 and GV2 with no relation whatsoever between them.  Any ideas?

QBZappy

Make sure that both ph=ph1 and ph2 are not in the  X_InboundCallRoute of each service provider settings.

Ex:
Voice Services
    SP1 Service-> X_InboundCallRoute =ph1

Voice Services
    SP2 Service-> X_InboundCallRoute =ph2
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

CoalMinerRetired

You didn't mention the call history. For the following SP1=GV1, and SP2=GV2.

For an incoming call on GV2 that rings on SP1, does the GV1 Call History (not the Obi call history) also show an incoming call?