News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can I set the number of rings before Google Voice Answering machine comes on?

Started by mshumack, March 04, 2013, 04:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mshumack

I have been using the Obi phone with Google Voice for a couple of months now, and I really like it. My only issue is that the phone goes to the "answering machine (the Google Voice message) too soon. I can't get across the house fast enough to answer the phone at times.
Can make the phone ring 8 times before the Google Voice "no one is available" message starts?
Thanks.

RickWorx

Maybe someone else has a clearer answer.

I just tested and both of mine ring 5 times, I just looked in the GV options and don't see where to set it higher/longer.

That is a good question and made me wonder, maybe you could re-route the call after 5 rings back to itself via the OBi?

N7AS

GV Voicemail picks up after 25 seconds and can't be changed or disabled.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

Diana

I happen to agree with you about the number of rings before VM kicks in.  In the Asterisk GV implementation (PBX In A Flash), the numbers of rings can be set to any number.  I'm yet to find out how Asterisk can do it, yet the OBi ATAs cannot accomplish the same thing.