News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

calling between Obi devices gets me to voice prompts first

Started by archean, January 03, 2013, 07:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archean

i must have a setting incorrect.

When I try calling between devices by dialing **9 200 xxx xxx

I get a voice menu system which says "dial 1 to continue this call".

I don't want to have to dial "1", I just want to continue the call.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

QBZappy

Quote from: archean on January 03, 2013, 07:27:20 PM
i must have a setting incorrect.

When I try calling between devices by dialing **9 200 xxx xxx

I get a voice menu system which says "dial 1 to continue this call".

I don't want to have to dial "1", I just want to continue the call.

Anyone else have this problem?

archean,

Welcome.

Do you know how much effort some people went through  to make the far away OBi answer via the AA. Well if you don't appreciate that simply do the following and remove your OBi number from the following section:

OBiTALK Service->InboundCallRoute = {(290111111|200222222|300333333):aa},{ph}

Some people. They want it in black, then they want it in white. You can never please everyone.  :)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

archean

Great help - I appreciate there are reasons for this as well...

Where do I find this line? Each node has a section in "expert settings" - should I modify it in each node?

Thanks!

QBZappy

Using the unit web page you will find it there:

Voice Services
    SP1 Service
    SP2 Service
    OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute

I have a feeling you need to read this first:
Managing Your OBi Device Configuration: OBiTALK or OBi Web Page but NOT Both
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.0
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

archean

Thanks for the link - read through it. seems to makes sense (i am sure i dont understand it totally though)

I changed "inbound call route" to "device default" which gives me just a "ph". that worked a few times, and then for no apparent reason it now goes back to the auto-attendant in the speed dial. I have 3 Obitalk units and I did this for each of them (it seemed when testing that you need to set each separately).

So, i now have "ph" in the inbound route and all the rest of the code deleted but still go to the aa.

tricky stuff i guess.. Any ideas are appreciated!

QBZappy

archean,

The OBi is getting the configuration from the OBiTALK portal. It is over riding whatever you changed directly on the unit configuration. You need to decide if you want to make changes using the portal or directly on the unit. If you decide to use the unit to make changes then you need to disable the OBiTALk provisioning on the unit in order to make it stop replacing your modifications.
System Management
    Network Settings
    Auto Provisioning->ITSP Provisioning = disabled
                           ->OBiTalk Provisioning = disabled

If you want to make that change on the portal, you need to remove any check marks to the right of the OBiTALK Service Settings->InboundCallRoute. You will need to play with the check marks until they are both gone for the change to stick on the portal. (Device Default)   (OBiTALK Setting)

There are pros and cons of using either method.