News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Busy signal instead of voicemail

Started by soundview, January 06, 2013, 11:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soundview

Is there a way to setup an OBI202 to return a busy signal on an incoming call when The phone is in use?  The only options I can find relate to call waiting and call forwarding??

The wife prefers that people get a busy signal when she is on the phone and does not like to switch in the middle of calls. She also does not want to deal with checking voicemail since we use an answering machine instead.

QBZappy

I've never tried it but this might limit the OBi to 1 call session.

Voice Services->SPX Service->Calling Feature->MaxSessions =1
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RFord

You did not mention who your provider is.  Even if you prevent the call from coming into your OBi ATA, the fact that the provider provides more than one Channel would result in a ring back to the caller and possible go to the Voice Mail Box of that provider.  If the Voice Mail Box is disable, then my guess the call would get a ring back for x number of rings and then fast busy (?).

soundview

I'm using Google Voice and from what I've read since my initial post, the OBI device does not create a busy signal but is a service of the voice provider. Given GV's limited functionality and lack of info, I must conclude there is no way to avoid having incoming calls go to voice mail. I am new user of the Obi so I welcome any experienced users to weigh in.

This is a rather basic function and I can't be the first one trying to do this.