News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New with OBI Device Giving me fits

Started by huffman, January 07, 2013, 12:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huffman

I am going go through this one step at a time

I am trying to get my OBI 110 working.  I have my Google Voice phone number and made a call from Gmail.

I have connected my OBI device to my router and all the lights are GREEN.  I dialed 
**9-222-222-222 to connect me to the  Echo sever.  I hope that is right number.  The only thing I got was a dial tone.  What should I hear?
I then went to www.obihai.com and registered.   

After confirming my registration, I signed in to obihai and tried to connect my phone.  It never did connect and timed out.

I am going to stop here and hopefully get some help.

Felix

I assume you mean www.obitalk.com; not obihai. I don't know what can you register on obihai. But there is a link that will take you to Obihai portal. That's where everything happens

did you set up Google Voice on Obihai portal?

What do you mean by "I ... tried to connect my phone"? What exactly did you do?

When you go to Obihai dashboard and clikc on your device - what do you see in the Configure Voice Service Providers (SP) table next to SP1 and SP2?

CoalMinerRetired

I'd suggest lookign at the video How to Use an OBi Device with GoogleVoice here, http://www.obihai.com/tutorials-tips.html

karthik

Hi Huffman,

I am absolutely new as well , and exactly in the same boat as you.
When trying the echo test call , the call doesnot go through and i get a phone hungup kind of ring , once i dial **9 2 and whatever number i try after that.

I have tried disabling firewall on my router , connecting directly to modem , but nothing seems to work.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,
karthik

Felix

Karthik,
I set up 6 OBi devices over the course of last two year, and never tried the echo test... Certainly wouldn't want to tinker with the router and/or firewall based on the echo test results.

Care to answer my questions above?

karthik

Hi Felix,

So , it turns out to be a phone issue of some sort.
After talking to support , they said the obi device was fine and asked me to try the *** and see if i can reach menu for the obi device.

That did not work.
So , i thought i would give this a try with another hand set.
Before that , just out of curiosity , i started to add one more * for everything on this one.
So , * + echo test number or * + "***" for the obi menu.

Both worked ..   :o
Even for the device registration , i used the same trick added one more star before the number obitalk provided on the screen. Now , i have the device added .. no problem at all.

So , in my case that was the solution. And definitely a trial and error one , or i don't know much abt my hand set .. :)

Thanks
Karthik.

Felix

So, you have your device registered on OBitalk portal successfully, correct? Were you able to set up service provider(s)?

It could be your phone, but it could also be that the device not sensitive to DTMF (touch-tone) signals. You may want to try another phone to figure out

Also, if you go to "expert menu" on the portal and then OBi Expert menu, and then Physical Interfaces - Phone. What shows in DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute fields? (You can also go directly to the device administration page - whatever you feel more comfortable with; just don't do any updates)