News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Adjusting reconnect times to GV

Started by CheapPhone, January 08, 2013, 07:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CheapPhone

I am using the Obi202 with wireless USB adapter. I use my Smartphone as the wireless network (hot spot) as it has 4G LTE while at home. Problem is that the connections to the network (issue of the 4G LTE not the Obi device) drops from time to time. This causes the Obi box not to be able to connect to GV once the network comes back in. I.e. while the 4G LTE is out, of course there will be no connection. But it comes back quite fast (few seconds) yet the old socket Obi202 uses, which is now not reachable as the network has reconnected, cannot be used to reach GV.

I wonder how can I tell the Obi202 to reconnect in certain intervals, such as 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5, 10 or etc.? It will eventually do it on its own, but I wanted to find a way to shorten the time (it may take 10 minutes or 20 - not sure, which will make the line again useful after the 4G LTE dropped).

As an example, Groove IP, has a setting where you can tell the apps to reconnect to GV every set interval of time. E.g. 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, etc minutes.

Any thought if this can be done today or is it something ObiHai needs to add as a future feature?

Thanks in advance!