News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi 202 Dim Power LED not responding to **5 xxxx

Started by MBryga, January 09, 2013, 07:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MBryga

I have an OBi110 and Google Voice number that has been working fine on a 2-line analog phone (but the Brother All-in-One fax would only transmit - not receive), so I purchased an OBi202 thinking I'd upgrade and hopefully solve that fax problem.

However, when cabled up and plugged in all LEDs are solid bright green - except the power which is rather dim green (it momentarily flashes bright red when you plug in the power). Worse, I don't get any indication that the device is alive when I pick up the handset, and nothing happens when I dial **55 xxxx in the 'add new device' setup.

What am I missing?

MBryga

I did try the factory reset - not easy to stick a paperclip through that hole and find the button and hold it for 15 seconds - but it never flashed red (not even after 30 seconds). Still dim green LED and still no response to ** (or *** - thought I'd get the IP and try the web-page - but no luck there either).

Swapping power supplies with the 110 did not fix the dim green light. Tried the reset with the paperclip again after finding some documentation about flashing after 10 seconds and flashing quickly after another 4 seconds. It never flashes. I'm thinking defective unit, but at one point I was getting it to repsond to **5 commands and it was reporting some problem code that translated to not being able to get an IP from the router - which results in a dim power light - wow! Currently I get nothing, but move the network cable back to the 110 and it works fine. Ugh!

zapattack

If you have two OBi units, you should be able to swap the identical power supplies.
If the light is still dim, contact OBi tech support.  The unit could be faulty.