News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone shows bogus Google Voice vm alert

Started by nicmart, January 10, 2013, 01:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicmart

Today I added a second Google Voice number to an Obi100. Now the cordless phone I use shows that a new voicemail awaits, but when I check each account there is no voicemail. Why is this happening, how do I prevent it?

CoalMinerRetired

Common issue with new GV setups and an OBI.

Go to GV and check for unread GV VMs in: History, Spam, Saved, etc., etc. 

Then check the following:
Use the latest firmware.
Check the "MessageWaiting" field in the Obi. It's somewhere under the SPx Service group. Note that it is "read only" to you a a user, so you cannot toggle it. It if does not match what the phone shows, reboot the Obi (may have to do this twice.)

Also double check whether the suspect SPx service is in fact 'pointed to' the cordless phone, X-InBoundCallRoute, should be ph for both SP1 and SP2.

Disclaimer, I don't have an Obi100, I'm going from using a 110 and a 202.

nicmart

I afraid I have no idea what the parts after "Use the latest firmware" mean. I'm not interested in configuring the OBI100 beyond what it takes to connect to Google Voice, I just want it to work as advertised. I'm disappointed that nobody from the company took a short at addressing my problem.

Rick

Quote from: nicmart on January 14, 2013, 06:05:28 AM
I afraid I have no idea what the parts after "Use the latest firmware" mean. I'm not interested in configuring the OBI100 beyond what it takes to connect to Google Voice, I just want it to work as advertised. I'm disappointed that nobody from the company took a short at addressing my problem.

This is a customer-based forum.  OBi doesn't provide help here, the customers do for each other, and do it for free.

If you want OBi support, go to www.obihai.com and click on Support on the top, then on the left open a Support Ticket.

CoalMinerRetired

Agreed. "nobody from the company" is going to do hand-holding in reply to postings on this message board.

nicmart

I believe I've seen responses to some posts from Obi employees.

In any case, if I delete my second Google Voice account from SP2, the voicemail notification disappears, so at a minimum the directions the company supplies do not work in my case, and I can't see why my case would be unique.

I do not consider company responses to be "hand holding," but as smart and inexpensive customer service.

CoalMinerRetired

>  if I delete my second Google Voice account from SP2, the voicemail notification disappears,
This sounds like you have one or more unread messages in Spam, Archived, History, etc.

> I can't see why my case would be unique.
It's not. Searching on here will also come up what I mentioned above. As would a support request to Obi.

Rick

It's clearly a message in Spam, or similar.  Right on the money. 

The OBi employee posts I've seen consist of "send us a support request" and "update your firmware".