News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problem When PSTN Line is Busy

Started by ianobi, January 11, 2013, 07:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianobi

OBi110
Hardware Version 2.8
Software Version 1.3.0 (Build: 2765)

A call has come in via auto attendant or a direct dialled route to the OBi110 PSTN Line, call is in progress. Local OBi110 user picks up OBi110 phone and dials a PSTN number, result is error message:
"No service configured error. Please log into obitalk.com and configure your device."

Same conditions (PSTN Line busy). Local user picks up OBi110 phone dials "#" result is error message:
"No service configured error. Please log into obitalk.com and configure your device."

In both cases I would have expected fast busy, or maybe in the first case "there is no service available to complete your call". In the second case there is no possibilty of using the "barge-in" facility.

Can any other OBi110 users duplicate this problem?

azrobert

I'm the same hardware and software:
OBi110
Hardware Version 2.8
Software Version 1.3.0 (Build: 2765)

I tried your second scenario.
I made a call on my PSTN line.
While the call was in session, I dialed # on my OBi110 phone.
The OBi phone connected to the conversation.

I have LinePortBargeIn enabled on the phone port.

azrobert

I disabled BargeIn and I got:

ianobi

azrobert,

Thanks for doing that test. My testing now agrees with yours. I was using *96 to set barge-in, which does not seem to work for me. However, setting it in the Phone Port settings works the same as you found.

There remains two problems:
1. PSTN line busy, barge-in set or not set: Dialling a normal call from the local OBi phone results in user being told to "go configure your OBi!"

2. PSTN line busy, barge-in not set: Dialling "#" from the local OBi phone results in user being told to "go configure your OBi!"

It's not the end of the world, but can lead to some confusion.

Obihai - any comment?