News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to add caller id prefix for Anveo?

Started by MLD100, January 15, 2013, 05:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLD100

Hello,
I have GV on SP1 and added Anveo for 911 on SP2.  Anveo seems to work well so far and I can see a benefit to making some outbound calls with it.  I verified a phone number (a second GV number) with Anveo for caller id.   However, in order to get the caller id to display Anveo says the call must have a caller id prefix--in this case of *01.  I tried just dialing the prefix from the phone but that doesn't work.
So, is there an EASY way to get my Obi100 to prefix every call made through SP2/Anveo.   Except possibly 911.  I'm not sure about whether the callerid prefix should be on the 911 call or not.
I'm a newbie.  I did try several searches and couldn't find the answer.  I'm sorry if this has been asked/answered!  If so point me to it.
Thanks,
MLD

cjholding

You need to change the call route that directs to SP2

If you have something like {(xxxx):SP2}, where xxxx is a digitmap for the calls to be routed to SP2
Try changing it to something like :{(<:*01>@)>(xxxx):SP2($1>$2)}

If I've got this right the different bits do as follows:
(<:*01>@) prepends *01 to the outgoing caller ID (whatever it is)
>(xxxx) specifies the same digitmap for the outbound number
SP2($1>$2) says to send $1 as caller-id (which has already been processed by the <:*01> rule above) to number $2 (which is the outcome of the >(xxxx) rule, currently this does not alter the number).

RFord

Your post makes no sense to me.  I use Anveo on SP2 of my OBi110 and once the number you which to send as your outcoing callerid has been verified, you should log into your Anveo Account Portal and under My Account, select Sip Device Registration, you will see a number of options on the right.

Dialing Format:   

Default calling country:   

International dialing prefix:

Outbound CallerID ?: {select your verified number from the pull down list}

Internal CallerID/Default Extension ?:   

Enable MWI ?:   

Generate artificial ringback tone ?:   

That is all you should have to do for your number to showup as the outgoing callerid. 

MLD100

Thank you for the info.   Of course, the Anveo config change worked.

Given what Anveo says on the custom caller id, I am guessing the   modification to the SP2 on the OBI would also work.  But, who wants to do that!

Your way is just easier.  I had looked at Anveo's FAQ and could not find the information you provided.

Here is what Anveo says on the custom caller id page and what confused  me:
"Anveo supports custom CallerID phone numbers. You need to enter a phone number and then verify it via an automated call to be able to user the number for CallerID purposes. Also, when making calls from SIP device a CallerID prefix can be used before the phone number to use a specific callerid number. "

Thanks again!