News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

The number you dialed was rejected by the service provider error # 502

Started by monterey, January 16, 2013, 02:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monterey

Hello, I just received and setup my Obi202. I have a SIP service on SP2 (FreePhoneline) and Google voice on SP1. I had no trouble setting up google voice and it is working perfectly. My SIP freephoneline.ca account on SP2 is giving me trouble. I can receive calls no problem, but although I can call **9 222 222 222 and connect, when I try to call out any local number I get a strange tone and a male voice telling me "The number you dialed was rejected by the service provider error number 502".
It has just happened few hours ago. It was fine this morning.

Please advice.
Thanks.

LeoKing

I got this error sometimes and I think it was the problem on GV end. Try dialing the numbers manually and not by the memory dialing on the phone.

FreddyK

Quote from: monterey on January 16, 2013, 02:16:33 PM
Hello, I just received and setup my Obi202. I have a SIP service on SP2 (FreePhoneline) and Google voice on SP1. I had no trouble setting up google voice and it is working perfectly. My SIP freephoneline.ca account on SP2 is giving me trouble. I can receive calls no problem, but although I can call **9 222 222 222 and connect, when I try to call out any local number I get a strange tone and a male voice telling me "The number you dialed was rejected by the service provider error number 502".
It has just happened few hours ago. It was fine this morning.

Please advice.
Thanks.

I am thinking the issue is with freephoneline.ca, as I have been using this setup for 6 months and just started getting this error message today. I can still call out on google voice (SP1) and still receive incoming calls on SP2 (freephoneline).

hwittenb

Sip 502 error is "Bad Gateway" which indicates some sort of ip error, more than likely with the distant proxy.

monterey

I works fine now (keep my fingers crossed).  :'( I also think the issue is with freephoneline.ca.