News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

barge in or # on obi110 not working when someone is on the line

Started by drakahn, January 21, 2013, 08:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drakahn

has any one found a workaround to pick up the analog line when someone is on the line?

want to be able to pick it up when my roommate has answered a call on the analog line and its for me. i read here in the forums that it should be to just press # on the hand set but that does not work because i'm getting a message from the auto attendant stating that there is no service available...

additionally is there a way to transfer an incoming call on sp1 or the analog line. to the soft phone on my computer?

thanks

ianobi

I think that there is a bug involving "barge-in" see:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5031.msg32468#msg32468

However, I'm not sure that is the problem here. This box needs to be checked:
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> Calling Features > EnableLINEPortBargeIn

To transfer a call to your softphone, you need an address for the softphone. Assuming it's on the same subnet its address might be softPC@192.168.1.13:5476 This can be put in a speed dial slot in your OBi as sp2(softPC@192.168.1.13:5476), say speed dial slot 6. I'm assuming that you will use sp2 to dial the speed dial. sp2 needs to be set up for SIP. To transfer, put the original call on hold, dial 6#, answer call on softphone, clear down OBi phone.

drakahn

ok looked in the wrong place for the barge in enable. thanks its working as intended now...