News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how to add map to an area code

Started by drakahn, January 21, 2013, 08:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drakahn

does any one know how to automatically add an area code when dialing 7 digits through a gv#

my area code is 517 for most numbers in the area, but my gv number is in the 269 area, so would like to  know how to have the 110 automatically add the 1-517+ the dialed number. when someone dials ###-#### numbers.

thanks

lhm.

<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|

aaa is your area code.

drakahn

where do you enter that? entering a 7 digit number does not transalte corectly under the phone the last number is showing that it dialed 269 area code and not the 517, i entered this under the phone>digimap and also tied under user defined variable digimaps, both are resulting in the same results that i have described here.

lhm.

ITSP Profile A and or B> General > Digitmap>

drakahn

Quote from: lhm. on January 21, 2013, 10:31:12 AM
ITSP Profile A and or B> General > Digitmap>
tried it and geting the same reusults

this is whats in my profiles
ITSP Profile a> General> Digimap:(*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1517>[2-9]xxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

ITSP profile B> General > Digimap>(<1517>[2-9]xxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Felix

your digit map has <1517>[2-9]xxxxxxx (seven x's). Assuming you are calling North America, it should be six, since [2-9] is the first digit.

If that is not the case, what is your digit map and OutboundCallRoute on the Phone screen

drakahn

usualy use the xxx-yyyy standard north american calling, changing it to 6 (x's) worked, their administration document needs more examples and better explanations of what things mean...

Felix

I would be the first one to say that the admin guide is terrible. However, the digitmap section is a nice exception. In your example, xxx-yyyy north american standard is right. [2-9] matches the first x, and six digits remaining