News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ObiBT vs Obi110 & GSM Gateway

Started by mrjoe, January 25, 2013, 06:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrjoe

I have a one of these- http://its-tel.com/index.php?Itemid=96&option=com_zoo&view=item&category_id=3&item_id=12

I have a Obi110 to use it with, I also have an Obi202 with ObiBT

I make all my Local & National calls through the GSM Network.

Which setup do you think would provide better quality calls?

mrjoe

I cant do a test as the line is very fuzzy when connecting to the Obi110.

Not sure why.

It cost a Pretty penny and I was expecting to get Crystal Clear (GSM-FR Codec) quality calls.

I suppose I'll just have to save it to make a desk phone for my stretched limo :-)

I'm sure it'll impress visiting dignatories when I pick up my Landline and dial someone from the back of the car.

giqcass

I use the OBi202 with BT adapter.  In the new firmware you can connect up to 2 BT adapters and 2 BT phones.
I would expect better quality from the 202 because with the other device you must go from digital to analog and possibly back again.  On the other hand I am surprised it's a noticeable difference unless you do a side by side comparison.  I would expect you could eliminate the noise by playing around with the settings.  Perhaps the problem is an incompatible gain or codec.  I do not have a 110 so I'm not familiar with the settings.

Almost every cell phone company currently offers a similar adapter for as low a one hundred dollars without contract and often free with contract.  The monthly fees are very low in the US with one of these.  If you are traveling or live outside of the US your adapter could be a better choice.  I personally use a regular cell phone at home (one I already had laying around) that is always BT connected to my OBi. That phone only cost me $30 per year.
Long live our new ObiLords!