News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Local HTML access to OBI202?

Started by Shale, January 26, 2013, 11:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shale

I have things working well, using obitalk. I wanted to poke around the local OBi202 web server to see what I could see. So I put the IP into two different browsers on two different computers. No response.

The OBI202 is using DHCP. I got the IP via the router first. I then used ***1 to let it read me the same IP number. I thought maybe that would turn on the web server. No joy. I even tried HTTPS, but that changed nothing.

Any thoughts as to why I cannot access the web browser via my router? I can ping the OBi202.

giqcass

The ip address it gave you was the outside ip address.  You need the internal address or you need to enable outside access.

The best option is to find your internal IP address for your OBi by checking your router config.
It might just be http://192.168.10.1 depending on your setup.
Option 2 enable web access.

Press ***0 to get to advanced options
Press 30 #

You may be asked for a password.  Enter it.
You then may need to press 30# again.
You will get a menu that will allow web administration.

Make sure you change the default passwords once you are in.
Long live our new ObiLords!

Shale

It gave me a 192.168.*.* address.

Thanks for the ***0 info.

Shale

The ***0 30# 1# did it...  Thanks!!!  The local web access had been disabled, probably by ObiTalk.

When I got the web page, it wanted a username and password. I used admin for the user name and it turns out that the name I had given to OBiTalk was what it used as a password to get into the local web interface.

After looking around the web interface as admin, the first thing I want to do is
"System Settings Back-Up / Restore --Save & Restore Configuration via XML file to / from a Local Folder" as listed in the Obi Device Administration Guide.

In the web interface I see System Management, but I don't see any backup choices when I expand that or any of the other sections listed in the left column of the web page. How would I do a backup? I did not click "Setup Wizard" since I worried that might lose my setup that was done by ObiTalk.

Rick

System Management, Device Update on my 110.

Shale

Neat... I had figured that was a firmware updating area.
So I clicked System Management >Device Update

Under the  Backup Configuration section, there are 3 checkboxes:
Incl Running Status, Incl. Default Value, and Use OBi Version.
I first tried  no boxes initially, and I got a 255,074 byte file. Then I tried selecting all 3 checkboxes, and I got a 172,269 byte file. That surprised me. I expected that including three things would make the file larger rather than smaller.

Looking at the files, the one with the checkboxes selected uses shorter notation such as 'P' instead of 'ParameterValueStruct'. So I suspect that one with no boxes checked would be complete.

Mucking with the settings in the OBi202 local web interface directly would probably interfere with the use of OBiTalk. I wonder what the interaction would be. Would ObiTalk have its own cached version of what it thinks is in the box and would overwrite any changes, or would it read the current settings from the box each time I went into OBiTalk? If that was the method, changes made in local web page would not preclude using OBiTalk later.

Reading the Administration Guide impresses me with the power... it has regex-like  representations of numbers and such. It is also very challenging, and it would be a comfort to think that I will be able to restore the state if I mess something up.

giqcass

There is a thread specifically discussing using either the web portal or direct configuration.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.0
Long live our new ObiLords!