News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 with Google Voice and Verizon Fios Digital Phone for international calls

Started by geo82, January 21, 2013, 10:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geo82

Hello. I was wondering if I could have the following set-up using an Obi110 with Google Voice and Verizon Fios Digital Phone.

- Vtech phone connected to obi 110 PHONE port.

- Obi 110 LINE port connected to the wall outlet connected to Verizon FIOS service.

I would like all local and long distance calls within the U.S. to go through my FIOS line.

I would like to be able to make international phone calls just by dialing 011... but using a google voice account (the obi 110 should route the international calls through google voice/ no international calls through FIOS).

Is this something that I can achieve with the Obi 110 and if yes what do I need to change in the obi settings.

Thank you in advance.

giqcass

I'm no expert on dial plans but yes you can do that.  Here is a thread where they are doing something similar to what you want.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4966.0
Long live our new ObiLords!

Felix

I set up similar for my dad: if the number starts with 1, it goes to Verizon; if it starts with 2-9, it prepends 011 and goes to Google Voice. It forces him to dial 11 digits for US calls - but Verizon does the same in 310 area code.

There is also handling of speed dials and 911 - but once you have successfully set up the basic, the rest is easy (and adding 7-digits dial wouldn't be that difficult either).

geo82

I used the following instructions:

from ianobi:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4847.msg31418#msg31418

and RonR :
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2285.msg14652#msg14652

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

Voice Service -> Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap :
(<**1>011xx.|xxxxxxxS4|[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|1xxxxxxxxxxS0|xx.)

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

With no ** codes this will route seven digit calls, ten digit calls not starting with "1" and eleven digit calls starting with "1" to your PSTN line. It will also route calls starting with "011" to Google Voice on sp1.
Use **1 to force ten and eleven digit calls to GV should you wish.

Felix

Does it work? You didn't put Phone - DigitMap, and Phone - OutboundCallRoute settings, and without those it's like asking "how much will I get if I add 17?" :)
Obviously, you are not asking; so, if everything works - great!

QuoteUse **1 to force ten and eleven digit calls to GV should you wish.
From what you put here, I doubt it. But again, without Phone dial plan it's hard to say.

ianobi

QuoteWith no ** codes this will route seven digit calls, ten digit calls not starting with "1" and eleven digit calls starting with "1" to your PSTN line. It will also route calls starting with "011" to Google Voice on sp1.
Use **1 to force ten and eleven digit calls to GV should you wish.

I can confirm that all of this works with Phone Port DigitMap and Phone Port OutboundCallRoute at default settings for an OBi110.

geo82

Felix,

I just saw your reply. The setup seems to be working fine. Receiving calls to both google voice and verizon numbers, using verizon for local and long distance calls, and have international calls routed automatically through google voice.