News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai as unique service or value added....

Started by orbit, February 07, 2013, 07:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orbit

...with respect to Google voice.
I would like to see a video regarding all the features that Obihai offers in a way that delineates it from the features that can be obtained using Google Voice alone.
For example, versus using VoIP directly with Google Voice. These might include
Number establishment and changability
Security
Your point to point features
(As examples)
I am not clear on whether GV permits adding a phone without an existing phone number, but via its MAC address.
The same might be said for other providers, but the Google example should prove insightful.

giqcass

Google Voice requires an existing phone number to open an account.
Long live our new ObiLords!

Felix

Quote from: orbit on February 07, 2013, 07:01:21 AM
I would like to see a video regarding all the features that Obihai offers in a way that delineates it from the features that can be obtained using Google Voice alone.
You will have to wait for somebody with a lot of money and/or free time on their hands. Until then, you will have to settle for documentation and posts on this forum.

QBZappy

There is really only one feature that needs to be mentioned. GV can be used without having a computer running at the same time.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Ostracus

Quote from: QBZappy on February 09, 2013, 07:41:06 PM

There is really only one feature that needs to be mentioned. GV can be used without having a computer running at the same time.

An extension of that is that the Obi as a GV gateway makes using the service as transparent as possible.

giqcass

I would happily make these videos but I don't believe demand warrants the production.  If I monetize a video on youtube it takes around 100,000 views just to recoup my cost of making the video.  It doesn't look like OBi plans to do it. 
Long live our new ObiLords!