News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Digitmap for Israel (sipme.me)

Started by Aviv, May 30, 2013, 08:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aviv

Hello,

I am using OBI202 and I have sipme.me (an Israeli VoIP provider) as my SP3. I am able to receive inbound calls; however, I am unable to place outbound calls through this provider. I am suspecting that the issue is with the digitmap for Israel since all calls within Israel starts with a "0" instead of "1" (like in the USA).

I was trying to modify the digitmap with no success. I was wondering if someone have experience with digitmap for Israel and or the provider sipme.me. Or if someone can recommend another Israeli VoIP provider that works with Obi.

Thank you,

Shale

I think the default digit maps will accept anything that does not start with 911 (and maybe even that is not part of the default), as long as you wait -- I think it is about 10 seconds. You could hurry that by pressing # after your digits are in.

I wonder if your router or your Internet provider is blocking you somehow. I would connect the OBi directly to your modem for testing, if you have a separate router. If the modem and router are all-in-one, your could try putting the OBi into the DMZ for testing.

Once you are able to receive calls one way or the other, you can use a more precision approach.

If that does not get things working, I would ask sipme.me for help if no fellow customers come by with a cure.

Aviv

Thank you for your reply, Shale,

I don't think my router and or ISP is blocking me since I am able to place the call using a softphone. I am also able to place any other calls or receive other calls with my other providers. Also when placing a call with simpme.me, I do see on the provider website that the call was placed on their side; however, from some reason on my side the call won't connect.

Sipme.me is useless in supporting anything but their own applications :(

Thanks again for your help,

ianobi

Some providers are better than others at NAT traversal. You might try using STUN to solve the problem. Go to:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> STUNEnable: Check
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> STUNServer: stun.ideasip.com

While a call is in progress have a look at Status > Call Status. It should show information about if RTP has failed, which sounds likely in this case.

Shale is quite right that calls should set up correctly with the default digit map, but they will be very slow. Once you get any calls working, then we can work on better digit maps.

Aviv

Hi ianobi,

Thank you very much, it is working now! I guess the use of STUN solved the issue.

The Israeli provider is set up on Profile C (I am using OBI202). If you have any suggestions for a better DigitMap this will be great.

Thanks again,

ianobi

Oops! Copy and paste problem with my profiles  :)

I'm in the UK, so not familiar with your number formats. Wikipedia suggest you use:
0xxxxxxxxx - national landlines
0xxxxxxxxxx - mobile phones
01xx. international
xxxxxx or xxxxxxx for local ??
100/101/102 emergency services
1xx for other services

Please add details!

Aviv

Excellent information, inaboi,

I am actually in the USA, and using the Israeli VoIP to communicate with my family in Israel. I will play with the DigitMap and report my successes for future members of the forum.

Thanks again,

azrobert

Please post an example of the number you are dialing.
Do you need the country code?
Are you using the **3 prefix?

What do you hear when the call fails?

ianobi

Well I guess you will not be using emergency numbers or international so something like this would do:

Service Providers > ITSP Profile C > General > DigitMap:
(0xxxxxxxxxS4|0xxxxxxxxxxS0|xx.)

This allows ten digit starting with 0 with 4 second delay to allow for eleven digit dialling. Eleven digit dialling with no delay. xx. is a "catch all" rule that will accept any number of any digits, but waits for ten seconds after last digit to see if you have finished dialling.

Also, it depends what number format sipme accepts.

Aviv

Quote from: azrobert on May 30, 2013, 10:22:40 AM
Please post an example of the number you are dialing.
Do you need the country code?
Are you using the **3 prefix?

What do you hear when the call fails?

azrobert, an example for a number would be  03-954-5524 (landline) or 058-954-5524 (Mobile). When a call fails it gives me a server error of 404. I am not using country code, I do use the ***3 prefix.

I created the plan: (0xxxxxxxxxS0|0xxxxxxxxS4|01xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.) based on the recommendations from inaboi that seems to work great.

The next step would be to eliminate the **3, I have GV as SP1. I would like that when a call start with a "0" OBi would route the call to SP3.

Otherwise, I believe I am all set :)

Thank you,

Aviv

Quote from: ianobi on May 30, 2013, 10:23:41 AM
Well I guess you will not be using emergency numbers or international so something like this would do:

Service Providers > ITSP Profile C > General > DigitMap:
(0xxxxxxxxxS4|0xxxxxxxxxxS0|xx.)

I agree inaboi that I won't be using emergency numbers  ;D as for International, I would actually will be using this provider because it is much cheaper than my local provider in the USA (GV or Call centric).

I created the plan (0xxxxxxxxxS0|0xxxxxxxxS4|01xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.) and it seems to work great so far. I might change the s4 to s2 because the delays is a little too long.

Thank you,

azrobert

To eliminate the **3 prefix
Add to the beginning of your Phone Port OutboundCallRoute:
{(0x?xxxxxxxx):sp3},

Add after the beginning  parentheses of your Phone Port DigitMap:
0x?xxxxxxxx|

Update:

If you want to use a timer on the DigitMap:
0xxxxxxxxS2|0xxxxxxxxxS0|

Aviv

Quote from: azrobert on May 30, 2013, 10:43:50 AM
To eliminate the **3 prefix
Add to the beginning of your Phone Port OutboundCallRoute:
{(0x?xxxxxxxx):sp3},

Add after the beginning  parentheses of your Phone Port DigitMap:
0x?xxxxxxxx|

Thank you azrobert, I had to add your addition and another one for landlines because they have one less digit. It is working great now!

Thanks again.