News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

power light flashing red and green - OBI 202

Started by bfdavid, February 10, 2013, 02:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfdavid

I've just setup a new 202. I set it up using a wifi connection and successfully registered. I started to configure the unit but then it stopped responding.  Now the power light is flashing red and green. When I connect a computer to the LAN side connection I see lan traffic on the OBI lights but I can't connect. The phone connection is dead. I can't seem to reset using the "factory reset" procedure.

Ideas??? Help???

Thanks

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

US-Dan

I went through the reset procedure without any success. 

Plugging in my PC to the LAN port, I was unable to obtain an IP address.

I finally setup my PC on a static address (192.168.10.124), then I opened my browser and entered the ATA address of 192.168.10.1.

I then received a message that I needed to upgrade the Firmware and it offered the upload (browse) feature. 

Of course, I didn't have the firmware downloaded, so I had to put my PC back on my regular router and go download the firmware.  Then put my PC back on the LAN port of the ATA at which time I was able to upload the new firmware and upgrade the ATA.

After that, everything is good again.   Immediately accessible and able to configure.

Hope this helps others with the flashing green / red lights